Start Photon server
Photon [-b color] [-D time] [-g] [-l command]
[-m timers] [-N name] [-n clients] [-q]
[-R time] [-r regions] [-s] [-t tiles]
[-U threshold] [-v]
- -b color
- Background color (hex RGB value).
- -D time
- Set the mouse repeat delay in milliseconds (default is 500).
- Don't create a new process group.
- -l command
- ("el") A command that's to be executed at login.
- -m timers
- Set the total number of timers that the Photon Server can support. If you specify the
-r option, the default is 4 times the number of regions.
- -N name
- Specify the name to register.
- -n clients
- Set the maximum number of clients that can communicate with the Photon Server (default is no limit).
- Be quiet.
- -R time
- Set the mouse repeat rate in milliseconds (default is 33).
- -r regions
- Set the maximum number of regions that the Photon Server can support (default is no limit).
- Create a new Photon session.
- -t tiles
- Set the total number of tiles that the Photon Server can support. This number includes the
complete rectangle set for each active event in the event space. If you specify the
-r option, the default is 12 times the number of regions. Otherwise, the default is an unlimited
number of tiles.
- -U threshold
- Specify the size of the area where the position of the release is forced
to be the same position of the press. This may be used to prevent random
changes in position because the size of a finger press is larger than a
pixel. Default is 0 pixels.
- Be verbose.
The Photon server lets applications open regions from which Photon
events may be emitted and collected. Specifying the number of clients,
regions, and rectangles limits the resources available to the Photon server.
The Photon device is owned by and has the permissions
associated with the user who invoked it.
To connect with a Photon device, a user must have
read permission on the device. To emit events or to
create a region, the user must also have write
The Photon Server registers the name of /dev/photon
by default. If the PHOTON environment variable is defined,
that name is be registered instead.|
Start the Photon server, configuring it for 5 clients that can open
a maximum of 200 regions along with up to 1000 rectangles:
Photon -n 5 -r 200 -t 1000
- The name of the photon device (defaults to /dev/photon).