View topic - I simply can't download QNX 6.2.1 - no download resuming...

I simply can't download QNX 6.2.1 - no download resuming...

General Help about QNX

Postby evanh » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:48 am

d_man.php is still the method being used and resuming is still not working and the 6.3.0 release is not far away now ...
evanh
QNX Master

Postby noc » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:23 pm

There will be more surprises coming with regard to 6.3.0 and NC :(
noc

Postby Aht » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:16 am

noc wrote:There will be more surprises coming with regard to 6.3.0 and NC :(

About what surprises are you talking?
Aht

A year and a quarter later: still no download resuming

Postby Ne-X-us » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:12 pm

Well I can't download 6.3 from the Qnx website because my isp imposes a 2 hour cut off and I can't download 500MB in 2 hours! I wonder how much bandwidth has been wasted by people redownloading the same data in the year+ since qnx disabled resuming on their download? Must be 100s of Gigs. Seems a strange way to save money if thats what they're trying to do?!

Anyway, anyone know of any mirrors / bittorrents where I can actually download this?

Thanks
Ne-X-us

Postby noc » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:14 pm

You don't have to be a genius to conclude whether this is a bandwidth saving or waste. This makes me believe QSS has other reason for the crappy download manager... I bet QSS won't be happy to see a 3rd party download mirror / bittorrents due to this "other reason". I will be more than happy to be proved wrong, in which case, I will setup a mirror. Say something, QSS.
noc

Postby evanh » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:23 pm

I can think of one way this is a bandwidth saver to them: It'll massively reduce the number of less-than-determined people and also many of those same people will be enthusiastic users of "download accelerators".
evanh
QNX Master

Postby Ne-X-us » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:34 am

Well I emailed their webmaster about this and he said they use the download manager because they have some files which are available to licensees only so they don't want to offer files in the clear (ie. linkable). They also want to limit the number of concurrent downloads. Why they can't do this and still support resume I don't know. Probably because they can't be bothered to modify their php download manager to support it. So noc I don't see any reason why you shouldn't set up a mirror and I will be your 1st happy downloader :)
Ne-X-us

Postby rick » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:16 pm

The problem is not the download (at least with 6.3). You can't install unless you have a license, which QSS will mail you AFTER you finish the download. We could make the image available, but you couldn't use it.

Now if we could convince QSS to basically issue licenses before the download, or perhaps without the download, then mirrors and torrents would follow.

Rick..
rick
QNX Master

Postby noc » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:52 pm

Ne-X-us wrote:Well I emailed their webmaster about this ...

Did he say if it is ok for people outside QSS to setup/provide QNX 6.3 downloads?
noc

Postby Ne-X-us » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:13 am

I didn't ask him but he didn't give any reason for not setting up a mirror. Except that as rick says you need their license which means the 6.3 download that I've got 85% of from a mirror probably won't even work :x
Ne-X-us

Postby evanh » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:58 am

There is plenty of expired numbers that could be posted here. Interested?
evanh
QNX Master

Postby Ne-X-us » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:46 pm

Yeah please, or pm me it :)
Ne-X-us

Postby evanh » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:24 am

This email together with the license key below is your proof of license for the QNX software product identified below. It authorizes use of QNX® Momentics® Professional Edition - Evaluation (6.3.0) on one Workstation until the expiry date specified below under the terms of the applicable QNX Momentics End User License Agreement (see http://licensing.qnx.com). If you are unable to access the terms on-line,then please email licensing@qnx.com or contact QNX Software Systems to obtain a copy. Please note, you may not install or use the software if you are unable or unwilling to accept the applicable end user license agreement terms.

After the expiry date, you may either purchase a commercial license, or you may continue using the unlocked portions of the QNX Momentics Development Suite (along with the components of the QNX Neutrino® RTOS normally provided in binary form with the QNX Momentics Development Suite) under the terms of this Agreement, provided that such use is limited solely to: (1) use for Non-Commercial Purposes; and (2) use in a self-hosted (QNX Neutrino RTOS hosted) development environment targeting x86 processors as well as iPAQ reference designs.

License Key: 9HDK-7ZAX-FX8E-FDNH-SL3W
Expiry Date: 2004-07-16

Online Product Registration
Serial Number: 904045-0010025
Password: 19844

For instructions on installing QNX Momentics PE, please see the install notes for your host platform:
QNX Neutrino (self-hosted): http://www.qnx.com/developers/articles/inst_998_1.html
Windows: http://www.qnx.com/developers/articles/inst_1000_1.html
Solaris: http://www.qnx.com/developers/articles/inst_999_1.html
Linux: http://www.qnx.com/developers/articles/inst_997_1.html

If you require assistance or technical support for the product evaluation, visit our newsgroup news://inn.qnx.com/

Thank you,

QNX Software Systems
evanh
QNX Master

Postby evanh » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:30 am

That's a complete untouched copy of an auto-emailed license.

Note: The Serial Number is not a valid one because it predates the new registration method.
evanh
QNX Master

Postby plikhari » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:32 am

When I run the OS 6.2.1 from the CD it is asking for user name password. What am I supposed to enter - guest etc does not work. :(
plikhari

PreviousNext

Return to Help