View topic - resource manager with dual path

resource manager with dual path

anything that doesn't fit to other groups.

resource manager with dual path

Postby udam_u » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Hello,
I want to write resource manager with dual path for DAQ card. First path should serve digital i/o, second path analog i/o.
I guess I should write my own io_write/read function which take care about this but analog i/o and digital i/o are different in handling.
Should I write universal io_write/read which would serve to analog and digital i/o? If yes, how can I inform io_write/read which path was being processed?
Regards Adam
udam_u

RE: resource manager with dual path

Postby maschoen » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

This is straight forward but requires you to become familiar with the resource manager structure.

Your resource manager should create two device names. When a device is open you identify which type of device it is and store that in the OCB, possibly in the "extended OCB". The read and write calls will have to check which kind of device it is when called.
maschoen
QNX Master

Re: RE: resource manager with dual path

Postby udam_u » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 pm

maschoen wrote:This is straight forward but requires you to become familiar with the resource manager structure.

Your resource manager should create two device names. When a device is open you identify which type of device it is and store that in the OCB, possibly in the "extended OCB". The read and write calls will have to check which kind of device it is when called.

Thank you for your reply. I expanded the io_attr structure.

Regards Adam
udam_u

Return to General Programming