ITTIA, a global supplier of embedded relational database software, announces the availability of bidirectional synchronization for Android apps to bridge the gap of collecting big data on-the-go. Due to an unprecedented influx of sensitive data that is managed and collected on mobile devices, ITTIA is offering a state-of-the-art solution that sets itself apart from other database software available on Android.
To synchronize data, an Android app must identify local changes, open a communication channel to a back-end service, and transfer the data. While a sync adapter can be used to schedule synchronization in the background, apps that store data in an SQLite database must track changes manually and define protocols for authentication and communication. For any non-trival data model, this represents a significant development effort. ITTIA DB SQL is a drop-in replacement for SQLite that automatically synchronizes local changes with a back-end database quickly and efficiently.
Likewise, developing a custom network service to synchronize with numerous Android devices is no simple task, especially when every device has a different subset of the available data. Instead, ITTIA DB SQL communicates with ITTIA DB Sync, a bidirectional data synchronization service for Windows(R) and Linux. ITTIA DB Sync uses a back-end RDBMS, such as Microsoft® SQL Server® or Oracle® Database, to store device data in existing tables and download updates specific to each device.
To enable synchronization, an Android app simply creates similar tables in its local database and designates which tables should send and/or receive changes. The ITTIA DB SQL sync adapter runs in the background at scheduled times or whenever the device is online. For authenticated connections, the sync adapter automatically displays a customized login activity that the app can tailor to match its own look and brand.
Benefits of ITTIA DB SQL for bidirectional synchronization on Android include:
- Small Footprint Architecture: provides high-speed mobile synchronization capability;
- Flexible Deployment: supports Android Froyo (2.2) and above, including KitKat (4.4);
- Bidirectional Synchronization: automatically detects conflicts and provides multiple options for resolution;
- Data Fragmentation: divides tables across multiple devices with robust filters;
- Concurrent Shared Access: optimizes multi-threaded apps with row-level locking;
- Low Development Cost: simplifies implementation and validation with a rich tool set for data management.
Interested developers can:
- Download an example Android app to try ITTIA DB Sync at: http://www.ittia.com/products/examples/android-sync
- Watch a video to see how ITTIA DB Sync works at:http://www.ittia.com/videos
When you are ready to synchronize your own apps, a free evaluation of ITTIA DB SQL for Android is available at the ITTIA DB Evaluation Center at: http://www.ittia.com/products/evaluation
ITTIA is the database that runs mission critical, highly available embedded applications and devices for well-known global companies such as Freescale Semiconductor, Panasonic, Puget Sound Energy, Fresenius, and Boeing. ITTIA DB SQL is a complete data management framework for building powerful applications, offering standards, ease of use, and flexibility to our customers. Benefits of selecting ITTIA's technologies include leading-edge software, comprehensive documentation, scalability, efficiency, exceptional performance, and low total cost of ownership. Learn how ITTIA brings value to its customers by visiting: www.ittia.com