VMWare

bridged with qdn.public.news
Mario Charest

Re: VMWare

Post by Mario Charest » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:02 pm

"Cowboy" <curt@gwis.com> wrote in message
In article <bl1kin$1a9$1@inn.qnx.com>, Mario Charest wrote:

"Cowboy" <curt@gwis.com> wrote in message
In article <bgi3r4$90$1@inn.qnx.com>, Mario Charest wrote:

I tried VMWare 4.0 and got QNX4 to install and work. TCP/IP and
Photon
are
working fine.

Running with the SVGA driver, but the mouse doesn't work
under QNX only.
Mouse works fine with any other OS, and I've tried all of the
combinations available for VMWare 4.0.

Any suggestions ??

Are you starting the mouse driver yourself or letting ph start it for
you?
I'm using ph, and it works fine for me.

Letting ph start it.
Make sure you don't have a /etc/config/trap/input.X file.
If I start QNX with no photon, everything works from a console
interface as expected.
Starting photon, it also works with the keyboard functions
available, but the mouse pointer will not move from the upper
left corner of the display pretty much no matter what.

I don't remember enough to be able to cat the mouse device
in qnx to see if anything is happening at all ?

I suspect qnx is starting a driver for the wrong device, due
to the way it talks to VMWare, but am not sure.

--
Cowboy

Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones,
as the wind blows out candles and fans fires.
-- La Rochefoucauld

Cowboy

Re: VMWare

Post by Cowboy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:04 am

In article <blf0fi$lg5$1@inn.qnx.com>, Mario Charest wrote:
"Cowboy" <curt@gwis.com> wrote in message
In article <bl1kin$1a9$1@inn.qnx.com>, Mario Charest wrote:

"Cowboy" <curt@gwis.com> wrote in message
In article <bgi3r4$90$1@inn.qnx.com>, Mario Charest wrote:

I tried VMWare 4.0 and got QNX4 to install and work. TCP/IP and
Photon
are
working fine.

Running with the SVGA driver, but the mouse doesn't work
under QNX only.
Mouse works fine with any other OS, and I've tried all of the
combinations available for VMWare 4.0.

Any suggestions ??

Are you starting the mouse driver yourself or letting ph start it for
you?
I'm using ph, and it works fine for me.

Letting ph start it.

Make sure you don't have a /etc/config/trap/input.X file.
It appears the base install doesn't have an
/etc/config/trap directory at all !
I'm unable to find any file by name input.X
<sigh>

--
Cowboy

Then there was the Formosan bartender named Taiwan-On.

Mario Charest

Re: VMWare

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:17 am

It appears the base install doesn't have an
/etc/config/trap directory at all !
That's odd as this is where the output of crttrap should go?
I'm unable to find any file by name input.X
Just to make sure , X is the node number
sigh

--

Post by Cowboy » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:04 am

In article <blu6g6$elo$1@inn.qnx.com>, Mario Charest wrote:
It appears the base install doesn't have an
/etc/config/trap directory at all !

That's odd as this is where the output of crttrap should go?
Trust me, I looked for the path.
I did find crttrap elsewhere, but I don't remember
the path right off...
Could it be because I need to run in a console safe-mode
at present ?
I'm unable to find any file by name input.X

Just to make sure , X is the node number
Well, I'm on the road again, but I'll be checking again
whence I return...

--
Cowboy

I saw Lassie. It took me four shows to figure out why the hairy kid never
spoke. I mean, he could roll over and all that, but did that deserve a series?

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.news”