New RTP Available

bridged with qdn.public.news
Post Reply
Alec

New RTP Available

Post by Alec » Sat Jun 30, 2001 12:08 pm

get.qnx.com has the 6.1 RTP uploaded. Enjoy!

--
Alec Saunders
VP Marketing, QNX Software Systems Limited

Arturas Baranauskas

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Arturas Baranauskas » Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:53 pm

Hello Alec.

Where can I read what's new/changed in this version ?

BR,
Arturas Baranauskas
get.qnx.com has the 6.1 RTP uploaded. Enjoy!
--
Alec Saunders
VP Marketing, QNX Software Systems Limited

Markus Loffler

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Markus Loffler » Wed Jul 04, 2001 4:50 pm

They said they are working on the release notes, they will be available
sometime this week.
Markus

"Arturas Baranauskas" <arturas.baranauskas@centras.lt> wrote in message
Hello Alec.

Where can I read what's new/changed in this version ?

BR,
Arturas Baranauskas

get.qnx.com has the 6.1 RTP uploaded. Enjoy!
--
Alec Saunders
VP Marketing, QNX Software Systems Limited

Arturas Baranauskas

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Arturas Baranauskas » Thu Jul 05, 2001 6:46 am

Thank you Markus for the answer.

Regards,
Arturas B.
They said they are working on the release notes, they will be available
sometime this week.

Dean Douthat

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Dean Douthat » Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:08 pm

What is the status of 6.1? Is it still a public beta? Officially released?
Something else?

Arturas Baranauskas wrote:
Thank you Markus for the answer.

Regards,
Arturas B.

They said they are working on the release notes, they will be available
sometime this week.

Miguel Simon

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Miguel Simon » Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:06 pm

Hi...

It is public beta now. Go to get.qnx.com and get the .iso. It is a
large file, so be aware. It will pay to go to the nearest high speed
connection to download this file.

Bests...

Miguel.

Arturas Baranauskas wrote:

Thank you Markus for the answer.

Regards,
Arturas B.

They said they are working on the release notes, they will be available
sometime this week.
--
---
my opinions are mine, only mine, solely mine, and they are not related

Mario Charest

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Mario Charest » Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:21 pm

"Miguel Simon" <simon@ou.edu> wrote in message
Hi...

It is public beta now.
It though this wasn't a beta?

Arturas Baranauskas wrote:

Thank you Markus for the answer.

Regards,
Arturas B.

They said they are working on the release notes, they will be
available
sometime this week.

--
---
my opinions are mine, only mine, solely mine, and they are not related
in any possible way to the institution(s) in which I study and work.
---
Miguel Simon
Research Engineer
School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
University of Oklahoma
http://www.amerobotics.ou.edu/
http://www.saic.com

Dean Douthat

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Dean Douthat » Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:18 pm

We are in the process of converting our main software to 6.1 as an R&D
project. If successful, we will phase it into our production. The
question: is this currently allowed with beta status? If not, when will
this be allowed? We need to work out scheduling for the phase-in.

Arturas Baranauskas wrote:

Thank you Markus for the answer.

Regards,
Arturas B.

They said they are working on the release notes, they will be
available
sometime this week.

--
---
my opinions are mine, only mine, solely mine, and they are not related
in any possible way to the institution(s) in which I study and work.
---
Miguel Simon
Research Engineer
School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
University of Oklahoma
http://www.amerobotics.ou.edu/
http://www.saic.com

Mario Charest

Re: Feedback on 6.1.0

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Jul 12, 2001 1:59 pm

Please post in a more appropriate newsgroup, (qdn.public.qnxrtp.os for
example).
This conference was created for making announcement ;-)

"Andrej Timchenko" <andrej.timchenko@nokia.com> wrote in message
I have found 2 problems in my case so far. It was installed from big ISO
CD image (400+ Mb).
I've had QNX 6.0 Patch C installed on that machine.

1) X server problem

It seems I found some problem with that release :(

"X server" item was not able to install correctly.
Post install script had written (see copy'n'paste below)

Error executing the pre-unuse script "/usr/X11R6/bin/xphoton_slay"
required by XPhoton
Error executing the script "/usr/photon/bin/launchmenu_notify" triggered
by the uninstallation of X Window for Photon
Error executing the script "/usr/photon/bin/launchmenu_notify" triggered
by the installation of XPhoton
Error executing the post-use script "/usr/X11R6/bin/xphoton_start"
required by XPhoton

When I started to investigate, I found that there is no "/usr/X11R6/bin"
directory at all on harddrive, only "/usr/X11R6/lib".
I tried to remove completely all that stuff, then install it again, but
it didn't help either.

2) "Disabled software packages"
When I started to analyse current configuration, I found that many
packages were deactivated. I switched them on (activated) manually, but
IMHO it should not switch off any software package(s) installed before.

BR, Andrej

Alec wrote:

get.qnx.com has the 6.1 RTP uploaded. Enjoy!

--
Alec Saunders
VP Marketing, QNX Software Systems Limited

--
BR, Andrej

Brian Northgrave

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Brian Northgrave » Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:49 pm

For details concerning this release of QNX 6.1.0 see the
section on the Web Site:

http://qdn.qnx.com/news/releases/index.html

This section covers some of the known issues in the release notes as
well as the release status/versions of the components.

Hope this helps

thanx
ben

Frank Liu

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Frank Liu » Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:52 pm

On 27 Jul 2001, Brian Northgrave wrote:
For details concerning this release of QNX 6.1.0 see the
section on the Web Site:

http://qdn.qnx.com/news/releases/index.html
I downloaded your Jun29 version of the iso file from get.qnx.com
and now it has Jul5 version on there (see my other post at
http://qnx.iaware.org/pipermail/qdn.pub ... 02807.html

The release note you posted says Jun 29. So where can I
find the release note for the Jul5 version? Is it still 6.1.0
or is it 6.1.1?

Frank

Mitchell Schoenbrun

Re: New RTP Available

Post by Mitchell Schoenbrun » Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:33 am

Previously, Brian Northgrave wrote in qdn.public.news:
When I saw this I was curious to see if multi-monitor
support was now available for QNX 6. The closest I
found to a statement on this issue was a comment that
"Certain combinations of multiple video cards in a
machine will cause a lock-up when trapping."

Does this mean multi-monitor is now supported?

Mitchell Schoenbrun --------- maschoen@pobox.com

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.news”