quics.qnx.com

bridged with qdn.public.news
Post Reply
Debbie Kane

quics.qnx.com

Post by Debbie Kane » Mon Nov 20, 2000 1:50 pm

Is back online.

Mario Charest

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Mario Charest » Mon Nov 20, 2000 5:00 pm

It appears not.

"Debbie Kane" <debbie@qnx.com> wrote in message
Is back online.

Richard R. Kramer

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Richard R. Kramer » Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:57 pm

How do we now access the beta groups, e.g. quics.beta.qnx424 or
quics.beta.tcpip?

Mario Charest wrote:
It appears not.

"Debbie Kane" <debbie@qnx.com> wrote in message
Is back online.

Horst Hannappel

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Horst Hannappel » Fri Nov 24, 2000 8:36 am

Previously, Mario Charest wrote in qdn.public.news:
It appears not.
i used to be able to ftp to 'qnx.com' and have quics access.
it seems now you have to go to 'quics.qnx.com'.
"Debbie Kane" <debbie@qnx.com> wrote in message
Is back online.

Debbie Kane

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Debbie Kane » Fri Nov 24, 2000 2:16 pm

Yes, this is correct.
There were a number of services available on qnx.com, but we have
reorganized some of our systems, so you have to specify quics.qnx.com for
access to quics.

"Horst Hannappel" <Horst.Hannappel@mbs-software.de> wrote in message
Previously, Mario Charest wrote in qdn.public.news:
It appears not.

i used to be able to ftp to 'qnx.com' and have quics access.
it seems now you have to go to 'quics.qnx.com'.

"Debbie Kane" <debbie@qnx.com> wrote in message
Is back online.

Rick Lake

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Rick Lake » Sat Nov 25, 2000 2:21 pm

Thought I'd let you know this morning I logged into quics.qnx.com and
found a root shell lingering on /dev/tty2. I tracked down it's pid and
killed it of course...

regards,

rick

Debbie Kane wrote:
Yes, this is correct.
There were a number of services available on qnx.com, but we have
reorganized some of our systems, so you have to specify quics.qnx.com for
access to quics.

"Horst Hannappel" <Horst.Hannappel@mbs-software.de> wrote in message
Previously, Mario Charest wrote in qdn.public.news:
It appears not.

i used to be able to ftp to 'qnx.com' and have quics access.
it seems now you have to go to 'quics.qnx.com'.

"Debbie Kane" <debbie@qnx.com> wrote in message
Is back online.

Nikolai Gorbunov

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Nikolai Gorbunov » Mon Nov 27, 2000 10:46 am

Richard R. Kramer <rrkramer@kramer-smilko.com> ïèøåò â
ñîîáùåíèè:3A1AE1CD.CBC2AD51@kramer-smilko.com...
How do we now access the beta groups, e.g. quics.beta.qnx424 or
quics.beta.tcpip?
Count me too; our customers signed for beta cannot find any beta
newsgroups, neither do we. How should they be accessed?

- Nick

Guest

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 27, 2000 7:31 pm

Rick Lake <rwlake@spam.redirected.to.dev.null> wrote:
Thought I'd let you know this morning I logged into quics.qnx.com and
found a root shell lingering on /dev/tty2. I tracked down it's pid and
killed it of course...
tty2 is a local console -- and how did you manage to "kill" it?

--
Joe Bishop (joe@qnx.com)

Rick Lake

Re: quics.qnx.com

Post by Rick Lake » Thu Nov 30, 2000 8:17 am

Replied by email. (Nothing spectacular...)

joe@qnx.com wrote:
Rick Lake <rwlake@spam.redirected.to.dev.null> wrote:
Thought I'd let you know this morning I logged into quics.qnx.com and
found a root shell lingering on /dev/tty2. I tracked down it's pid and
killed it of course...

tty2 is a local console -- and how did you manage to "kill" it?

--
Joe Bishop (joe@qnx.com)

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.news”