terminal connection

bridged with qdn.public.porting
Post Reply
Dilan Stoikov

terminal connection

Post by Dilan Stoikov » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:13 am

Hi,
I am booting QNX 6.1 form PC104 board with DiskOnChip and I am using console
redirection to the serial port. As a terminal I'm using HyperTerminal and I
can see all the message during the boot period and the shell prompt but I
can't enter commands. So , do I need any other redirection except
[type link] /dev/console = /dev/ser1 ?

Below is the build file
Thanks

[virtual=x86,bios +compress] boot = {
startup-bios -Nmachine-name
PATH=/proc/boot:/bin:/sbin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/proc/boot:/dev/shmem:/lib:/lib/dll procnto
}

[+script] startup-script = {
devc-ser8250 -e -b9600 0x1d0003f8,0x23 &
reopen

display_msg Welcome to Neutrino on an PC compatible BIOS system

# Start the pci server
seedres
pci-bios &
waitfor /dev/pci

# Disk drivers (The default one and some fun others for your pleasure...)
devb-doc blk automount=hd0t77:/ &
# Wait for a bin for the rest of the commands (up to 30 secs)
waitfor /bin 30

# Some common servers
pipe &
mqueue &
devc-pty &

# These env variables inherited by all the programs which follow
SYSNAME=nto
TERM=qansi

reopen /dev/ser1
[+session] sh
# [+session] login -p
}

# Cheat and make the /temp point to the shared memory area...
[type=link] /tmp=/dev/shmem

# Redirect console messages
[type=link] /dev/console=/dev/ser1

# Programs require the runtime linker (ldqnx.so) to be at a fixed location
[type=link] /usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2=/proc/boot/libc.so

# We use the "c" shared lib (which also contains the runtime linker)
libc.so

# Just incase someone needs floating point...
fpemu.so.2

# Include the socket library
libsocket.so

# Include the hard disk files so we can access files on the disk
libcam.so
io-blk.so
# filesystem required shared libs
cam-disk.so
fs-qnx4.so

# The files above this line can be shared by mutiple processes
[data=c]
# Executables must currently be below this line

# Include a console driver
# devc-con
devc-ser8250
# Include DiskOnChip driver.
devb-doc

# Include pci server
pci-bios
seedres

Mike Kadour

Re: terminal connection

Post by Mike Kadour » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:45 pm

I've used a configuration just like yours with no problems. The redirection
you are using should be sufficient. I hate to state the obvious, but check
your TxD serial line... It's happened to me more than once ;)

Good luck,
Mike

"Dilan Stoikov" <dstoikov@uvic.ca> wrote in message
[...]

my mistake

Post by Dilan Stoikov » Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:44 pm

I fixed it...
I simply copied the devc-ser driver options from a ppc build file and I use
x86 system :) Obviously it shouldn't work :)
Thanks!

[...]

Return to “qdn.public.porting”