C/C++ Indexer

bridged with qnx.development_tools
Post Reply
RIchard Doucet

C/C++ Indexer

Post by RIchard Doucet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:01 pm

Is there a way to stop the C/C++ Indexer thread from continously running
whenever you change a file? Under Windows, the indexer is really starting
to annoy me as it continues to steal CPU cycles, making the IDE very
sluggish until I stop it. (Momentics 6.3.0 SP2).

Rodney Dowdall

Re: C/C++ Indexer

Post by Rodney Dowdall » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:01 pm

Hello Richard

If you right-click on the project there should be a C/C++ indexer
option. You can set it to never index. If you want it off for future
projects the same option is available under the Window->preferences dialog.

Thanks,
Rodney

RIchard Doucet wrote:
Is there a way to stop the C/C++ Indexer thread from continously running
whenever you change a file? Under Windows, the indexer is really starting
to annoy me as it continues to steal CPU cycles, making the IDE very
sluggish until I stop it. (Momentics 6.3.0 SP2).

RIchard Doucet

Re: C/C++ Indexer

Post by RIchard Doucet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:01 pm

I don't have an option via right-click. I can turn it off on a project by
project basis via the project property dialog, but I have a lot of projects
and would like to turn then all off (at least temporary). Is there a way to
do that?

RIchard Doucet wrote:
Is there a way to stop the C/C++ Indexer thread from continously running
whenever you change a file? Under Windows, the indexer is really
starting to annoy me as it continues to steal CPU cycles, making the IDE
very sluggish until I stop it. (Momentics 6.3.0 SP2).

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.development_tools”