Post Reply
jdl

QNX 6.2.1 creating a library in eclipse

Post by jdl » Wed May 07, 2003 1:04 pm

How can I build source code in subdirectories?
I have added a directory containing a single c file.
Do I need to create a makefile?
How does that makefile have to look like, so that it integrates with the
multiple target builds?

Jdl

Dale Sherwood @NYAB

Re: QNX 6.2.1 creating a library in eclipse

Post by Dale Sherwood @NYAB » Mon May 19, 2003 4:38 pm

Jdl:

The qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools thread, "Project with more than one process"
(5/1/2003), may be helpful to you. Specifically, my reply dated 5/2/2003
might address your specific question. In this context, a "process"--or more
generally a "sub-project"--could easily be a library. My example shows what
makefiles are needed for a multi-target build. As for the contents of the
makefiles, I find it useful to create a "template" project using the IDE,
then copy the makefiles to the sub-project subdirectories.

Caveats: This bypasses some features of the IDE, such as the ability to view
and change the Properties of the sub-project using the dialogs--instead, you
must manually edit the sub-project common.mk file.

->>>--Sherwood-->

"jdl" <fkroket@mail.be> wrote in message news:b9arhk$ki0$1@inn.qnx.com...
How can I build source code in subdirectories?
I have added a directory containing a single c file.
Do I need to create a makefile?
How does that makefile have to look like, so that it integrates with the
multiple target builds?

Jdl

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”