one more make question

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Oleksandr Brovko

one more make question

Post by Oleksandr Brovko » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:13 am

Hi,

Earlier I utilized the following rule to automatically generate and
include dependencies file.

..PHONY : dep
dep:
$(CC) -I$(CFLAGS) -MM $(objects) > .depend
ifeq (.depend,$(wildcard .depend))
include .depend
endif

I used it under Linux\gcc (don't remember the exact version numbers).
Now I am unable to make it work on qnx. Instead of generating dependencies
file this rule generates me map and a binary files.
(qcc also says 'ignoring unexpected argument M after -M')

So, how can I automatically generate dependencies file under QNX6.2 NC?

Thanks,

Oleksandr Brovko
Software Engineer

Jim Douglas

Re: one more make question

Post by Jim Douglas » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:22 pm

In the QNX6 environment CC maps to 'qcc', not gcc (see docs for qcc). To use
the -MM option you have to pass it to the pre-processor using -Wp,-MM.
The -M option means "generate map file".

Jim

"Oleksandr Brovko" <obrovko@kse.kiev.ua> wrote in message
Hi,

Earlier I utilized the following rule to automatically generate and
include dependencies file.

.PHONY : dep
dep:
$(CC) -I$(CFLAGS) -MM $(objects) > .depend
ifeq (.depend,$(wildcard .depend))
include .depend
endif

I used it under Linux\gcc (don't remember the exact version numbers).
Now I am unable to make it work on qnx. Instead of generating dependencies
file this rule generates me map and a binary files.
(qcc also says 'ignoring unexpected argument M after -M')

So, how can I automatically generate dependencies file under QNX6.2
NC?

Thanks,

Oleksandr Brovko
Software Engineer