QNX 6.1 support for EP 405 processor board

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.powerpc
Post Reply
Reiner Rieke

QNX 6.1 support for EP 405 processor board

Post by Reiner Rieke » Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:47 pm

Embedded Planet offers a new processor board ( EP 405) based on the 405GP
PowerPC processor. What would it mean to get QNX 6.1 running on that
including a flash file system driver. Are there any activities ongoing or in
plan to get QNX 6.1 running on that board.

Regards
Reiner

Operating Systems Group

Re: QNX 6.1 support for EP 405 processor board

Post by Operating Systems Group » Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:55 pm

"Reiner Rieke" <rieke@de.ibm.com> wrote in message
Embedded Planet offers a new processor board ( EP 405) based on the 405GP
PowerPC processor. What would it mean to get QNX 6.1 running on that
including a flash file system driver. Are there any activities ongoing or
in
plan to get QNX 6.1 running on that board.
We have a BSP for The 405GP based reference board (aka.Walnut). Depending
on the flash used on the board, it should be either trivial to
write/customize your own flash driver or use a pre-existing one (given a
support chip).

-Adam

John Wall

Post by John Wall » Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:47 pm

Reiner Rieke <rieke@de.ibm.com> wrote:
: Embedded Planet offers a new processor board ( EP 405) based on the 405GP
: PowerPC processor. What would it mean to get QNX 6.1 running on that
: including a flash file system driver. Are there any activities ongoing or in
: plan to get QNX 6.1 running on that board.

I'm not aware of this board being on our road map. We do
have a BSP for the Walnut 405GP. It probably shouldn't be a big
job for someone to create a BSP for the EP 405 using the Walnut
BSP as a starting point.

--
John

Post Reply