ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

bridged with qdn.cafe
Post Reply
Mephri

ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Mephri » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:57 am

Hi! I need some help. I tried to use ipfilter tool from the 3rd party
CD on my QNX Momentics 6.2.1B PE but it didn't work. Previously I used the
same tool from the same CD on QNX Momentics 6.2.0 PE and it worked just
fine. What's wrong?

TIA
--meph++

Mephri

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Mephri » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:21 am

Helloo...

--meph++

"Mephri" <mephri@infolink.co.id> wrote in message
Hi! I need some help. I tried to use ipfilter tool from the 3rd
party
CD on my QNX Momentics 6.2.1B PE but it didn't work. Previously I used the
same tool from the same CD on QNX Momentics 6.2.0 PE and it worked just
fine. What's wrong?

TIA
--meph++

Mephri

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Mephri » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:28 am

Here is the detail:

[root@XTS_RD:/home/maverick:501]
$ mount -T io-net ipfilter.so
mount: Can't mount / (type io-net)
mount: Possible reason: No such device or address

Hi! I need some help. I tried to use ipfilter tool from the 3rd
party
CD on my QNX Momentics 6.2.1B PE but it didn't work. Previously I used the
same tool from the same CD on QNX Momentics 6.2.0 PE and it worked just
fine. What's wrong?

TIA
--meph++

Guest

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:01 pm

Mephri,

I am also running QNX Momentics 6.2.1B PE and this works for me.

Can you load other dlls into io-net using this technique?

# mount -T io-net npm-qnet.so
# ls /dev/io-net/
en0 ip0 ip_en ipfilter0 ipv6_en qnet_en
#

Are you sure that the ipfilter.so is installed? It should be
in /lib/dll/.

# ls -l /lib/dll/ipfil*
-rwxrwxr-x 1 327 120 77404 Jan 15 2003
/lib/dll/ipfilter-v4.so
-rwxrwxr-x 1 327 120 82780 Jan 15 2003
/lib/dll/ipfilter-v6.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 120 14 Sep 18 09:48
/lib/dll/ipfilter.so -> ipfilter-v6.so
#

Also, is /lib/dll in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?

# env | grep LD_L
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/proc/boot:/lib:/usr/lib:/lib/dll:/usr/photon/lib:/usr/photon/dll:/opt/lib:/usr/local/lib

James

p.s.
You would be more likely to get a timely response, if you
had posted this in a relevant group. The cafe group is for
non-technical, random conversation. Many developers don't
bother to follow it, or do so only occasionally. This
question is more suited for one of the *.os or *.porting
groups (since it has to do with one of the packages on
the Unsupported CD)

--
James MacMillan, QNX Software Systems, Ltd. http://www.qnx.com
Semper Vigilans

The opinions expressed are my own and do not represent those of QSSL.

derek

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by derek » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:19 pm

I also encounter the same problem in one machine if 6.2.1B is upgraded from
previous vesion.
Tried to install 6.2.1B again directly, and the problem is gone!

derek

Post by Mephri » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:04 am

<jamesm@qnx.com> wrote in message news:bkcdr2$6kk$1@nntp.qnx.com...
Mephri,

I am also running QNX Momentics 6.2.1B PE and this works for me.

Can you load other dlls into io-net using this technique?

# mount -T io-net npm-qnet.so
# ls /dev/io-net/
en0 ip0 ip_en ipfilter0 ipv6_en qnet_en
#
Yes..
Are you sure that the ipfilter.so is installed? It should be
in /lib/dll/.

# ls -l /lib/dll/ipfil*
-rwxrwxr-x 1 327 120 77404 Jan 15 2003
/lib/dll/ipfilter-v4.so
-rwxrwxr-x 1 327 120 82780 Jan 15 2003
/lib/dll/ipfilter-v6.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 120 14 Sep 18 09:48
/lib/dll/ipfilter.so -> ipfilter-v6.so
#
Of course..
Also, is /lib/dll in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?

# env | grep LD_L

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/proc/boot:/lib:/usr/lib:/lib/dll:/usr/photon/lib:/usr/pho
ton/dll:/opt/lib:/usr/local/lib

Sure..
This is why it confuses me. I used the same machine, same procedure. The
only difference is I've upgraded the OS from 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 then to 6.2.1B..
James

p.s.
You would be more likely to get a timely response, if you
had posted this in a relevant group. The cafe group is for
non-technical, random conversation. Many developers don't
bother to follow it, or do so only occasionally. This
question is more suited for one of the *.os or *.porting
groups (since it has to do with one of the packages on
the Unsupported CD)
OK. Thanks for the advice. Actually I posted this before on one of openqnx
forum. But no responses yet..

--meph++

Mephri

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Mephri » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:07 am

So that's the solution. Any explanation why this happens?
Thanks for the tip.

--meph++

"derek" <someone@nobody.org> wrote in message
I also encounter the same problem in one machine if 6.2.1B is upgraded
from
previous vesion.
Tried to install 6.2.1B again directly, and the problem is gone!

derek

derek

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by derek » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:30 am

I really don't know. Like other os, sometimes, its better to have a clean
installation than upgrades or patches. Keep in mind that ipflter is not
officially supported. Agree?

derek

"Mephri" <mephri@infolink.co.id> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:bkdnhv$jt8$1@inn.qnx.com...

I also encounter the same problem in one machine if 6.2.1B is upgraded
from
previous vesion.
Tried to install 6.2.1B again directly, and the problem is gone!

derek

Frank Liu

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Frank Liu » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:36 pm

As mentioned at
http://www.openqnx.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t1033-.html
I bet the QNX upgrade process failed to update the boot.

"Mephri" <mephri@infolink.co.id> ???g???l???s?D:bkdnhv$jt8$1@inn.qnx.com...

I also encounter the same problem in one machine if 6.2.1B is upgraded
from
previous vesion.
Tried to install 6.2.1B again directly, and the problem is gone!

derek

Mephri

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Mephri » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:52 am

I did a fresh install of QNX 6.2.1 then applying the B patch (6.2.1B), but
it still didn't work. FYI, I used ipfilter from 3rd party CD of QNX
Momentics 6.2.0. Could this be the source of the problem?

I also encounter the same problem in one machine if 6.2.1B is upgraded
from
previous vesion.
Tried to install 6.2.1B again directly, and the problem is gone!

derek

Chris McKillop

Re: ipfilter on QNX 6.2.1B...

Post by Chris McKillop » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:46 am

Mephri <mephri@infolink.co.id> wrote:
I did a fresh install of QNX 6.2.1 then applying the B patch (6.2.1B), but
it still didn't work. FYI, I used ipfilter from 3rd party CD of QNX
Momentics 6.2.0. Could this be the source of the problem?
Yes - use the one from the QNX Online repository.

Return to “qdn.cafe”