Ottawa QNX Users' Group Meeting; now porn-free!

bridged with qdn.cafe
Post Reply
Robert Krten

Ottawa QNX Users' Group Meeting; now porn-free!

Post by Robert Krten » Thu May 30, 2002 9:04 pm

The monthly OQUG meeting will take place at the usual place
and time; Colonnade Pizza, June 6th, at 6pm. Directions:
Queensway/417 to Eagleson/March Road exit; take Eagleson
Road SOUTH to Hazeldean/Robertson Road (3 lights or so).
Turn RIGHT (EAST) onto Hazeldean Road; first set of lights
is the "Farm Boy" Plaza where Colonnade Road Pizza is.

See you there!

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led

Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS)

Re: Phoenix QNX Users' Group Meeting

Post by Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS) » Fri May 31, 2002 4:09 pm

Hey, just for fun, are there any QNX users in the Phoenix, AZ area?

We could have our own meetings.

Post by Robert Krten » Fri May 31, 2002 4:15 pm

"Bill Caroselli \(Q-TPS\)" <QTPS@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hey, just for fun, are there any QNX users in the Phoenix, AZ area?

We could have our own meetings.
Attaboy, Bill!

Cheers,
-RK
[...]

Thoma

Post by Thoma » Fri May 31, 2002 5:12 pm

"Bill Caroselli \(Q-TPS\)" <QTPS@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hey, just for fun, are there any QNX users in the Phoenix, AZ area?

We could have our own meetings.
Same for Dallas, Bill B., Jay H. any takers?

regards,
Tom

Chris McKillop

Post by Chris McKillop » Fri May 31, 2002 5:16 pm

"Bill Caroselli \(Q-TPS\)" <QTPS@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hey, just for fun, are there any QNX users in the Phoenix, AZ area?

We could have our own meetings.
hey Bill - I am in New Mexico right now - I suppose we could meet in
Flagstaff or something. ;) Bit of a drive though.

Thoma

Post by Thoma » Fri May 31, 2002 5:33 pm

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:
"Bill Caroselli \(Q-TPS\)" <QTPS@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hey, just for fun, are there any QNX users in the Phoenix, AZ area?

We could have our own meetings.

hey Bill - I am in New Mexico right now - I suppose we could meet in
Flagstaff or something. ;) Bit of a drive though.
I was there last week, well rode through their twice actually. Once down
to Sedona, that up to the Grand Canyon. Stayed in Wilcox that night.

Whole lot nicer their than here. I keep on trying to convince my bosses that
they need a remote office in either CO or AZ, but so far no luck.

Tom

Post by Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS) » Fri May 31, 2002 6:58 pm

"Thomas" <NtOoSmP_AsMt@swbell.net> wrote in message
I was there last week, well rode through their twice actually. Once down
to Sedona, that up to the Grand Canyon. Stayed in Wilcox that night.

Whole lot nicer their than here. I keep on trying to convince my bosses
that
they need a remote office in either CO or AZ, but so far no luck.

Tom
Oh, you were here when it was in the fridged 90's. Should hit 113 today.

Thoma

Post by Thoma » Fri May 31, 2002 7:04 pm

"Bill Caroselli \(Q-TPS\)" <QTPS@earthlink.net> wrote:
Oh, you were here when it was in the fridged 90's. Should hit 113 today.
eck, I live in Dallas, not too much worse. Also IIRC the RH was
somewhere near 15%, the RH stays higher than that here. Also on
the trip we went through Death Vally. I would risk the extra heat.
Even though Dallas gets very little snow, it still gets some, mostly
freezing rain.

Tom

Kris Warkentin

Re: Phoenix QNX Users' Group Meeting

Post by Kris Warkentin » Fri May 31, 2002 8:15 pm

I remember being in Maryland one summer when the temperature was in the 90s.
The problem was that the humidity was somewhere around 130%....;-) You
couldn't actually WALK on the air but you could cut it with a knife and
serve it for dessert.

Kris

Post by Chris McKillop » Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:24 am

I was there last week, well rode through their twice actually. Once down
to Sedona, that up to the Grand Canyon. Stayed in Wilcox that night.
Sedona sure is beautiful huh?

Thoma

Post by Thoma » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:46 pm

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:
I was there last week, well rode through their twice actually.
Once down to Sedona, that up to the Grand Canyon. Stayed in
Wilcox that night.

Sedona sure is beautiful huh?
Very, I could defiantely handle living in that part of the
world. The only thing that got me was the phrase time-share,
every one was trying to sell time-shares! If they did not think
you where going to by, they would stop talking to you.

Kris Warkentin <kewarken@qnx.com> wrote:
I remember being in Maryland one summer when the temperature
was in the 90s. The problem was that the humidity was somewhere
around 130%....;-) You couldn't actually WALK on the air but
you could cut it with a knife and serve it for dessert.
Dallas is a lot dryer, though I've made a couple of summer trips
to Houston, not exactly my favourite place :-)

Tom

ed1k

Re: Phoenix QNX Users' Group Meeting

Post by ed1k » Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:01 pm

We have our own meeting here in Kharkov, Ukraine. Two times for month on Wednesday. Welcome!
Eduard.
ed1k at ukr dot net

Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS) <QTPS@EarthLink.net> wrote in article <ad86e4$hd9$1@inn.qnx.com>...

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:32 pm

Thomas <NtOoSmP_AsMt@swbell.net> wrote:
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:

I was there last week, well rode through their twice actually.
Once down to Sedona, that up to the Grand Canyon. Stayed in
Wilcox that night.

Sedona sure is beautiful huh?

Very, I could defiantely handle living in that part of the
world. The only thing that got me was the phrase time-share,
every one was trying to sell time-shares! If they did not think
you where going to by, they would stop talking to you.
Yeah, but if you played along you can get free weekends there in nice
hotels for just listening. ;)

If you ever stay I would recommend staying here: http://www.lauberge.com/.
Get a cottege on the river, it is a wonderful place. The sunday brunch
is amazing.

Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS)

Re: Phoenix QNX Users' Group Meeting

Post by Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS) » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:45 pm

Oh yes. I'm originally from New Jersey. I know all about the east coast
and humidity.

Here is an example that was very surprising to me when I first learned about
it about humidity.

I lived in Las Vegas. When the humidity got to 7% that was considered a
humid day. We had a pool. Whenever we went swimming we were freezing. I
figured it was because the water was colder than the air so I got a solar
blanket for the pool. We were able to heat the pool to 97 degrees F. It
was 110 degrees F outside, 97 in the pool and we were still freezing. It
didn't make sense. The problem was that since the humidity was SOOO low you
started drying off the instant you were out of the pool. The drying off is
what made you cold.

That's why evaporative coolers work in places like Vegas and Phoenix and not
in New Jersey. I had never heard of an evaporative cooler while I lived in
New Jersey.

"Kris Warkentin" <kewarken@qnx.com> wrote in message
I remember being in Maryland one summer when the temperature was in the
90s.
The problem was that the humidity was somewhere around 130%....;-) You
couldn't actually WALK on the air but you could cut it with a knife and
serve it for dessert.

Kris

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.cafe”