Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

bridged with qdn.cafe
Post Reply
Robert Krten

Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Robert Krten » Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:02 pm

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Hope to see you there! You can call me if you need further directions.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led

Mario Charest

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Mario Charest » Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:56 pm

I'll be there

"Robert Krten" <nospam91@parse.com> wrote in message
Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Hope to see you there! You can call me if you need further directions.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

Phil Olynyk

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Phil Olynyk » Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:45 pm

I'd love to come up and see both you guys in person, _however_ (choose one):
I'm not sure it's safe for all three "currently available Canadian QNX
contractors" to be in the same place,
or
Four hours each way is a long drive for pizza and beer.

Phil "yet another contractor available" Olynyk
OBT Software Corp.

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Post by Mario Charest » Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:51 pm

"Phil Olynyk" <pholynyk@home.com> wrote in message
I'd love to come up and see both you guys in person, _however_ (choose
one):
I'm not sure it's safe for all three "currently available Canadian QNX
contractors" to be in the same place,
I wouldn't accept that as an excuse ;-)
or
Four hours each way is a long drive for pizza and beer.
That one I'm ok with, lol!

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get
together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Hope to see you there! You can call me if you need further
directions.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

Bill Caroselli

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Bill Caroselli » Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:02 pm

Phil you whimp! ;~}

If I could drive there in 4 hours, I'd be there.

Unfortunately, it's a bit further from L.A.

--
Bill Caroselli -- 1(626) 824-7983
Q-TPS Consulting

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get
together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Post by Phil Olynyk » Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:26 pm

Bill Caroselli wrote:
Phil you whimp! ;~}

If I could drive there in 4 hours, I'd be there.

Unfortunately, it's a bit further from L.A.
L.A. eh? So you know all about driving on wide, flat, _dry_ roads! :-)
Actually, see, it's four hours in September, when _our_ roads are wide, flat,
and dry. But in February in Ontario and Quebec, we never know one week,
sometimes one day, to the next what the roads will be like. I could set out at
noon and arrive in Ottawa when the pizza was cold and hard, and the beer warm
and flat!

BTW, I thought that dirty name you used was spelled wimp, as in Windows, Icons,
Mouse, Pointer. Any body know the etymology of that? Usually it's us Canadians
adding the extra letters!

Phil

--

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get
together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Hope to see you there! You can call me if you need further
directions.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

Bill Caroselli

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Bill Caroselli » Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:31 pm

Sure but you could get lucky and the pizza would be warm and flat and the beer cold and hard.

Well, your probibly wright, no; rite, no wait a minute; right. I can't spell.

--

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get
together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Hope to see you there! You can call me if you need further
directions.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

William Bull

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by William Bull » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:25 pm

Heya Rob,

I be there, no doubt. Expect more QNX people this time as well. (I if Phil
should drive the four hours, I'll even buy him a beer for effort.)

-bill

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Hope to see you there! You can call me if you need further directions.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

Bill Caroselli

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Bill Caroselli » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:09 pm

Can those of us that aren't local teleconference in?

--

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Post by Robert Krten » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:37 pm

Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
Can those of us that aren't local teleconference in?
No, sorry Bill, beer and pizza don't teleport well, you'd miss
the whole effect :-)

Cheers,
-RK

Hi folks,

the second Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting will be held on Thursday,
February 7th, at 7pm, at "Colonnade Pizza" on Hazeldean Road.

The Ottawa QNX User's Group is held the first Thursday of each month,
and is an excellent opportunity for QNX users and staff to get together
and chat. There's no specific agenda, just beer, pizza, and talk!

Directions:

From the Queensway (HWY 417) take the "Eagleson Rd / March Rd" exit
heading SOUTH (Eagleson Road, as opposed to March Road).
Turn WEST (right) onto Hazeldean Road (it's marked Hazeldean in one
direction, and Robertson Road in the wrong direction).
Go about 1 km WEST to the Farm Boy plaza, Colonnade Pizza is in the
same plaza.

From QNX -- well, you all know how to get there :-)

Hope to see you there! You can call me if you need further directions.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

Bill Caroselli

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Bill Caroselli » Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:48 pm

Don't you subscribe to that new "Brew-O-Phone" feature from AT&T? It works
great and it's less filling.

The only problem is that the phone is all sticky when your done.

Hey, does anyone else still make their own beer sin Bill Flowers left? He
got me started doing that. But since I moved I can't find a place to but
the supplies.

--

"Robert Krten" <nospam90@parse.com> wrote in message
Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
Can those of us that aren't local teleconference in?

No, sorry Bill, beer and pizza don't teleport well, you'd miss
the whole effect :-)

Cheers,
-RK

Martin Zimmerman

Post by Martin Zimmerman » Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:52 pm

Previously, Bill Caroselli wrote in qdn.cafe:
If I could drive there in 4 hours, I'd be there.
Come on Bill, move to Calgary and we can have our own meeting.

Cheers,
Camz.

--
Martin Zimmerman camz@passageway.com
Camz Software Enterprises www.passageway.com/camz/qnx/

Bill Caroselli

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by Bill Caroselli » Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:40 pm

Hi Martin

The way business is going here right now, if I could get work up there,
count me in. Hell, I'll make the pizza for you. (I did that in high
school.)

--

"Martin Zimmerman" <camz@passageway.com> wrote in message
Previously, Bill Caroselli wrote in qdn.cafe:
If I could drive there in 4 hours, I'd be there.

Come on Bill, move to Calgary and we can have our own meeting.

ed1k

Re: Ottawa QNX User's Group Meeting (Feb 7th)

Post by ed1k » Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:48 pm

Hi folks,
Since Earth is sphere I cannot rise up the glass synchronously with you. I'm going to wait an hour,
and sorry... I'll begin :-) or continue.... ;-))
Best wishes,
Eduard.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.cafe”