Criterion, Renderware in QNX and consoles and porting games

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games

Criterion, Renderware in QNX and consoles and porting games

Post by Z » Sat Sep 08, 2001 7:20 am

I've been to www.renderware.com site and they claim Renderware API to be multiplatform. (That is, there are many games written with/for Renderware, for Playstation and other game consoles) So I wonder if it would be just that easy to port something from Playstation or
Xbox or whatever else, if they it's the same API anyway... Or am I missing something here? Anyone knows the answer?

Mario Charest

Re: Criterion, Renderware in QNX and consoles and porting ga

Post by Mario Charest » Sun Sep 09, 2001 2:42 am

In theory maybe, but in practice QNX6 only supports 3D for voodoo cards. So
I doubt a software build for Xbox (which will probably use DirectX...) would
run an any decent speed on a vodoo3 card ;-)

Each of those platfroms you mention probably have their own special hardware
that probably makes porting challenging ;-)

"Z" <z@moto.ru> wrote in message news:1103_999933634@nothing...
I've been to www.renderware.com site and they claim Renderware API to be
multiplatform. (That is, there are many games written with/for Renderware,
for Playstation and other game consoles) So I wonder if it would be just
that easy to port something from Playstation or
Xbox or whatever else, if they it's the same API anyway... Or am I missing
something here? Anyone knows the answer?

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.games”