Quake and Matrox

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games
Post Reply
Alberto

Quake and Matrox

Post by Alberto » Thu May 31, 2001 11:23 pm

Is posible to play Quake3 with a Matrox g400? (well, also a PIII@733Mhz, 128K RAM)

If the answer is yes: how?, when I try I get a message of there s not found a 3d hardware...

alberto

Kosta K

Re: Quake and Matrox

Post by Kosta K » Fri Jun 01, 2001 2:34 pm

Only 3dfx cards are supported.

Buy Voodoo :)

Kosta.

--

Webpage: http://members.nbci.com/gwurb/

"Alberto" <alberto@petra.acer.com.mx> wrote in message
Is posible to play Quake3 with a Matrox g400? (well, also a PIII@733Mhz,
128K RAM)

If the answer is yes: how?, when I try I get a message of there s not
found a 3d hardware...

alberto

Mario Charest

Re: Quake and Matrox

Post by Mario Charest » Fri Jun 01, 2001 5:38 pm

"Kosta K" <kosta_k@phreaker.net> wrote in message
Only 3dfx cards are supported.

Buy Voodoo :)
If you can find one.
Kosta.

--

Webpage: http://members.nbci.com/gwurb/

"Alberto" <alberto@petra.acer.com.mx> wrote in message
Is posible to play Quake3 with a Matrox g400? (well, also a PIII@733Mhz,
128K RAM)

If the answer is yes: how?, when I try I get a message of there s not
found a 3d hardware...

alberto

Igor Kovalenko

Re: Quake and Matrox

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Sat Jun 02, 2001 12:47 am

I have one 3000 bought just before it disappeared. Never opened the box...

Only 3dfx cards are supported.

Buy Voodoo :)

If you can find one.

Kosta.

--

Webpage: http://members.nbci.com/gwurb/

"Alberto" <alberto@petra.acer.com.mx> wrote in message
Is posible to play Quake3 with a Matrox g400? (well, also a
PIII@733Mhz,
128K RAM)

If the answer is yes: how?, when I try I get a message of there s not
found a 3d hardware...

alberto

Lee R. Copp

Re: Quake and Matrox

Post by Lee R. Copp » Thu Jun 07, 2001 1:50 pm

Buy Voodoo :)
Voodoo sucks. Nvidia is king. I actually toyed with the
idea of putting one in just to be able run the ported games
but I will wait until support for the TNT & GForce cards
come out...hint...hint...

Kris Eric Warkentin

Re: Quake and Matrox

Post by Kris Eric Warkentin » Thu Jun 07, 2001 3:59 pm

Don't hold your breath....NVidia is not exactly known for releasing specs.

Kris

Lee R. Copp <Lee.R.Copp@michiganscientific.com> wrote:
Buy Voodoo :)

Voodoo sucks. Nvidia is king. I actually toyed with the
idea of putting one in just to be able run the ported games
but I will wait until support for the TNT & GForce cards
come out...hint...hint...

--
Kris Warkentin
kewarken@qnx.com

Sir Charles

Re: Quake and Matrox

Post by Sir Charles » Fri Jun 08, 2001 2:46 am

My ATI Rage 128 runs fine. Of course, except that I can't run any
'ported games' except Quake ;) Hehehe.
I say we all bomb nvidia's people with email requests for QNX RTP drivers
until they give in. *grins*

"Kris Eric Warkentin" <kewarken@qnx.com> wrote in message
Don't hold your breath....NVidia is not exactly known for releasing specs.

Kris

Lee R. Copp <Lee.R.Copp@michiganscientific.com> wrote:
Buy Voodoo :)

Voodoo sucks. Nvidia is king. I actually toyed with the
idea of putting one in just to be able run the ported games
but I will wait until support for the TNT & GForce cards
come out...hint...hint...

--
Kris Warkentin
kewarken@qnx.com
(613)591-0836 x9368
"You're bound to be unhappy if you optimize everything" - Donald Knuth

Harri Haataja

Re: Quake and Matrox

Post by Harri Haataja » Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:40 pm

Sir Charles wrote:
My ATI Rage 128 runs fine. Of course, except that I can't run any
'ported games' except Quake ;) Hehehe.
I say we all bomb nvidia's people with email requests for QNX RTP drivers
until they give in. *grins*
It's not drivers with QNX, it's the whole honking OpenGL subsystem
that is needed. There won't be glide for other cards. Ever. Even
emulation is unlikely, especially since the nvidia nazi's bought
the whole hairy deal.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.games”