Check used interrupts

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo

Check used interrupts

Post by Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:01 pm

Hi all!

I need to check wich interrupts are already in use under Neutrino (Like
qnx_hint_query under QNX4, which is not longer supported in Neutrino).
Is there a way to do that?

TYA,

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo

Robert Krten

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by Robert Krten » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:01 pm

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo <leonel@atan.com.br> wrote:
Hi all!

I need to check wich interrupts are already in use under Neutrino (Like
qnx_hint_query under QNX4, which is not longer supported in Neutrino).
Is there a way to do that?
You need to walk the /proc filesystem, issuing DCMD_PROC_IRQS to each
file...

Cheers,
-RK

--
[If replying via email, you'll need to click on the URL that's emailed to you
afterwards to forward the email to me -- spam filters and all that]

David Gibbs

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by David Gibbs » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:58 pm

Robert Krten <rk@parse.com> wrote:
Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo <leonel@atan.com.br> wrote:
Hi all!

I need to check wich interrupts are already in use under Neutrino (Like
qnx_hint_query under QNX4, which is not longer supported in Neutrino).
Is there a way to do that?

You need to walk the /proc filesystem, issuing DCMD_PROC_IRQS to each
file...
Which is what "pidin irq" does for you.

BTW, in both cases this only tells you which interrupts have had processes
register handlers (or events) for them. It does NOT tell you which ones
have hardware associated with them. That is, it does not let you know
what are free hardware irqs for doing hardware configuration. (Though,
it may be taken as a hint towards that information.)

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:38 pm

Thanks Robert and David. I'm using that to mark a list of used interrupts
for an ISA plug-and-play card driver.

Leonel.

"David Gibbs" <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]

Post by Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:14 pm

Hi again.
I've found an example of how to walk in the /proc filesystem in the
migration lib (qnx_psinfo) and I could get the interrupt info from the pids
on that. The problem is that the result it's not the same of the command
pidin irq because I couldn't find an example of how to get that info of the
threads of those process.
Does anyone have an example of how to do that?

TYA,

Leonel

I've found an example of
"Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo" <leonel@atan.com.br> wrote in message
[...]

Rennie Allen

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by Rennie Allen » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:10 am

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo wrote:
Hi again.
I've found an example of how to walk in the /proc filesystem in the
migration lib (qnx_psinfo) and I could get the interrupt info from the pids
on that. The problem is that the result it's not the same of the command
pidin irq because I couldn't find an example of how to get that info of the
threads of those process.
I think Rob would probably point you towards his book (and if he had one, he
might even point you to his on-line ordering system :-))

Robert Krten

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by Robert Krten » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:37 pm

Rennie Allen <rgallen@attbi.com> wrote:
Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo wrote:
Hi again.
I've found an example of how to walk in the /proc filesystem in the
migration lib (qnx_psinfo) and I could get the interrupt info from the pids
on that. The problem is that the result it's not the same of the command
pidin irq because I couldn't find an example of how to get that info of the
threads of those process.

I think Rob would probably point you towards his book (and if he had one, he
might even point you to his on-line ordering system :-))
I'm trying to avoid shameless plugs, especially in light of not having an
online ordering system :-) :-)

However, if you insist :-)

http://www.parse.com/products/books/book_v2/index.html

Cheers,
-RK

--
[If replying via email, you'll need to click on the URL that's emailed to you
afterwards to forward the email to me -- spam filters and all that]
Robert Krten, PDP minicomputer collector http://www.parse.com/~pdp8/

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:17 pm

Thanks Rob. I will buy your book, but lukily your sample chapter about the
Thread Fingerprint Utility has just what I need to know by now. The code in
process_pid shows how to figure out what are the threads of a given pid.

Regards,

Leonel.

"Robert Krten" <rk@parse.com> wrote in message
[...]

ed1k

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by ed1k » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:53 am

In article <bqfog3$cfn$1@inn.qnx.com>, leonel@atan.com.br says...
Thanks Rob. I will buy your book, but lukily your sample chapter about the
Thread Fingerprint Utility has just what I need to know by now. The code in
process_pid shows how to figure out what are the threads of a given pid.
There is a source of pidin in QNX on-line CVS as well.
http://cvs.qnx.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/utils/p/pidin/
Eduard.

Post by David Gibbs » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:30 pm

ed1k <ed1k@humber.bay> wrote:
In article <bqfog3$cfn$1@inn.qnx.com>, leonel@atan.com.br says...
Thanks Rob. I will buy your book, but lukily your sample chapter about the
Thread Fingerprint Utility has just what I need to know by now. The code in
process_pid shows how to figure out what are the threads of a given pid.

There is a source of pidin in QNX on-line CVS as well.
http://cvs.qnx.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/utils/p/pidin/
Eduard.
Yes, but that is the 6.1.1 version, which I think was before the
"pidin irq" command was implemented. It is, still, useful
for looking at how to collect other system information.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo

Re: Check used interrupts

Post by Leonel Vicente Mota Ivo » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:51 pm

Thank you Eduard.

David you are right, there is no "pidin irq" command in this version, but it
is useful anyway.

Thank you all!

ed1k <ed1k@humber.bay> wrote:
In article <bqfog3$cfn$1@inn.qnx.com>, leonel@atan.com.br says...
Thanks Rob. I will buy your book, but lukily your sample chapter about
the
Thread Fingerprint Utility has just what I need to know by now. The
code in
process_pid shows how to figure out what are the threads of a given
pid.

There is a source of pidin in QNX on-line CVS as well.
http://cvs.qnx.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/utils/p/pidin/
Eduard.

Yes, but that is the 6.1.1 version, which I think was before the
"pidin irq" command was implemented. It is, still, useful
for looking at how to collect other system information.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”