porting qnx_spawn to spawn

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
Sanjeev Koppal

porting qnx_spawn to spawn

Post by Sanjeev Koppal » Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:15 pm

hi QSSL and community!
i am having problems getting spawn to be ported from qnx_spawn.
I am changing some of the members of the struct inheritance that I pass to
the spawn function.
When i set the nd and param.sched_priority members of struct inheritance
(and put the corresponding flags in the flags member), the spawn function
returns with an error saying 'invalid argument'.

any help, suggestions or random comments from people who have succeded in
doing the porting would be great.

thanks!
sanjeev

Colin Burgess

Re: porting qnx_spawn to spawn

Post by Colin Burgess » Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:03 am

First of all, what version are you using? I believe that
spawning across nodes wasn't supported until 6.1.0

Secondly are you sure you are using a valid node descriptor?

Sanjeev Koppal <koppal@robotics.usc.edu> wrote:
hi QSSL and community!
i am having problems getting spawn to be ported from qnx_spawn.
I am changing some of the members of the struct inheritance that I pass to
the spawn function.
When i set the nd and param.sched_priority members of struct inheritance
(and put the corresponding flags in the flags member), the spawn function
returns with an error saying 'invalid argument'.

any help, suggestions or random comments from people who have succeded in
doing the porting would be great.

thanks!
sanjeev
--
cburgess@qnx.com

Sanjeev Koppal

Re: porting qnx_spawn to spawn

Post by Sanjeev Koppal » Wed Oct 10, 2001 5:33 am

Colin Burgess wrote:
First of all, what version are you using? I believe that
spawning across nodes wasn't supported until 6.1.0

Secondly are you sure you are using a valid node descriptor?
i am using 6.1, but u are correct about the node descriptor - i was using
it blindly without having set up the different nodes...

but that doesnt explain why setting the priority (alone, without setting
nd) doesnt work...ideas?

thanks!
sanjeev

Colin Burgess

Re: porting qnx_spawn to spawn

Post by Colin Burgess » Thu Oct 11, 2001 3:11 pm

Sanjeev Koppal <koppal@robotics.usc.edu> wrote:
Colin Burgess wrote:

First of all, what version are you using? I believe that
spawning across nodes wasn't supported until 6.1.0

Secondly are you sure you are using a valid node descriptor?

i am using 6.1, but u are correct about the node descriptor - i was using
it blindly without having set up the different nodes...
Does that mean you are successfully spawning across nodes now?
but that doesnt explain why setting the priority (alone, without setting
nd) doesnt work...ideas?
Could you please post a code snippet?

--
cburgess@qnx.com

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”