Register Byte Pattern for nfm

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.network
Post Reply
Sebastien Lelievre

Register Byte Pattern for nfm

Post by Sebastien Lelievre » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:04 pm

Hi, I'm writing a filter above for an ethernet interface. I've first
register to all incomming packets by the following call:
n->reg_byte_pat(reg_hdl, 0, 0, NULL, _BYTE_PAT_ALL);
which work fine.
Then I try to register to only the ethernet packet that I want by calling
that line instead:
n->reg_byte_pat(reg_hdl, 12, 2, &pkt_type, 0);
Result is the same, all packet type are received from the NIC.

Any idea ??

Thanks.

Sean Boudreau

Re: Register Byte Pattern for nfm

Post by Sean Boudreau » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:32 pm

Sebastien Lelievre <try_it@itwontwork.com> wrote:
Hi, I'm writing a filter above for an ethernet interface. I've first
register to all incomming packets by the following call:
n->reg_byte_pat(reg_hdl, 0, 0, NULL, _BYTE_PAT_ALL);
which work fine.
Then I try to register to only the ethernet packet that I want by calling
that line instead:
n->reg_byte_pat(reg_hdl, 12, 2, &pkt_type, 0);
Result is the same, all packet type are received from the NIC.

Any idea ??
Filters always get all packets. Just call ion->tx_done() on the ones
you don't want to pass up.

-seanb

Sreekanth

Post by Sreekanth » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:40 pm

Filters always get all packets
Do you then mean to say that reg_byte_pat does not work? Or it does not
work only with filters..?

Sreekanth

Post by Sean Boudreau » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:13 am

Sreekanth <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
Filters always get all packets
Do you then mean to say that reg_byte_pat does not work? Or it does not
work only with filters..?
It is ignored for filters only. Non filters don't get anything
until reg_byte_pat() is called at least once.

-seanb

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.network”