Lucent Winmodem...

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.network
Zephyrus

Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Zephyrus » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:03 pm

Hi everybody!

Does anybody have any module to get working my lucent winmodem? Over linux
it works fine... but...on qnx i couldn't find none... Does anybody knows if
just recompiling the modules of linux os over qnx it will works?

Please help me...

Aurélio Couto Arruda ICQ#: 51498885 Current ICQ status: + More ways to
contact me

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Chris McKillop » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:59 am

Zephyrus <zzz@zzz.com> wrote:
Hi everybody!

Does anybody have any module to get working my lucent winmodem? Over linux
it works fine... but...on qnx i couldn't find none... Does anybody knows if
just recompiling the modules of linux os over qnx it will works?

Please help me...
You are out of luck here. There are binary-only drivers for Linux, so
you can't compile or port the source code. So without docs (which
lucent does not release), nothing much can be done.

Bernard Leclerc

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Bernard Leclerc » Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:19 am

Chris McKillop wrote:
Zephyrus wrote:
Hi everybody!

Does anybody have any module to get working my lucent winmodem? Over
linux
it works fine... but...on qnx i couldn't find none... Does anybody
knows if
just recompiling the modules of linux os over qnx it will works?

Please help me...

You are out of luck here. There are binary-only drivers for Linux, so
you can't compile or port the source code. So without docs (which
lucent does not release), nothing much can be done.

chris
Chris, Zephyrus,

I have the exact same problem. Can you point me to this Linux source
code please? I might just be able to write the equivalent driver for QNX
6.

Bernard

Zephyrus

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Zephyrus » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:52 pm

Hey... I have the sources of the linux driver! Are you interested in it?
Can I send it to you by e-mail? I don't remember the url...

There are a good documentation about the code too... I don't have knowledge
enough to modify them... so that's why I don't started...

[]z

Aurélio

Bernard Leclerc <whittom-leclerc@sympatico.ca> escreveu nas notícias de
mensagem:aq2eql$8i4$1@inn.qnx.com...
Chris McKillop wrote:

Zephyrus wrote:
Hi everybody!

Does anybody have any module to get working my lucent winmodem? Over
linux
it works fine... but...on qnx i couldn't find none... Does anybody
knows if
just recompiling the modules of linux os over qnx it will works?

Please help me...

You are out of luck here. There are binary-only drivers for Linux, so
you can't compile or port the source code. So without docs (which
lucent does not release), nothing much can be done.

chris

Chris, Zephyrus,

I have the exact same problem. Can you point me to this Linux source
code please? I might just be able to write the equivalent driver for QNX
6.

Bernard

Chris McKillop

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Chris McKillop » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:22 pm

If you have source you should be able to write a resmgr for QNX that will
driver your card.

chris

Zephyrus <zzz@zzz.com> wrote:
Hey... I have the sources of the linux driver! Are you interested in it?
Can I send it to you by e-mail? I don't remember the url...

There are a good documentation about the code too... I don't have knowledge
enough to modify them... so that's why I don't started...

[]z

Aur?lio

Bernard Leclerc <whittom-leclerc@sympatico.ca> escreveu nas not?cias de
Chris McKillop wrote:

Zephyrus wrote:
[...]

Post by Zephyrus » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:24 pm

Unfortunelly i'm not a master of C++ development... :( I'm just a poor
linux user...

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> escreveu nas notícias de
mensagem:aq47jj$69a$3@nntp.qnx.com...

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:42 am

Zephyrus <zzz@zzz.com> wrote:
Hey... I have the sources of the linux driver! Are you interested in it?
Can I send it to you by e-mail? I don't remember the url...
If you could find the URL to working source that would be very interesting.

Zephyrus

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Zephyrus » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:24 pm

I'll put the source on a ftp... As soon as i find then on my cds...

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> escreveu nas notícias de
mensagem:aq58cj$mtg$2@nntp.qnx.com...

Post by Bernard Leclerc » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:33 am

Zephyrus wrote:
Hey... I have the sources of the linux driver! Are you interested in
it?
Can I send it to you by e-mail? [...]
Yes, send me the code directly. I'll take a look and start figuring out
how to write a QNX resource manager for this beast.

Please, keep looking for the URL and post it when found.

Bernard

liug

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by liug » Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:49 am

source code for a winmodem?
hehe, must be dreaming ...
on the other hand, since you are not a programmer, I won't be surprised
if you don't know what "source" means :)
seriously, I'd love to be proved wrong.

frank

Chris McKillop

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:20 am

liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:
source code for a winmodem?
hehe, must be dreaming ...
on the other hand, since you are not a programmer, I won't be surprised
if you don't know what "source" means :)
seriously, I'd love to be proved wrong.
My opinion as well honestly. I am nearly 100% sure that the linmodem guys
are far from having a good working driver and that everyone uses the
Lucent binary-only module.

But hey - if he can provide some source, all the power to him!

Aurélio Couto Arruda

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Aurélio Couto Arruda » Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:55 pm

Maybe I'm wrong... but... plese check this site and let me know if I'm wrong
or not...

That's the driver that I compilled... 6.00c

http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/archive/

Hugs

"liug" <liug@mama.indstate.edu> escreveu na mensagem
source code for a winmodem?
hehe, must be dreaming ...
on the other hand, since you are not a programmer, I won't be surprised
if you don't know what "source" means :)
seriously, I'd love to be proved wrong.

frank

liug

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by liug » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:35 pm

oh that one. I've been using it for a long time on my
thinkpad. there are some sources in that tarball, but the core part
is a binary object: ltmdmobj.o
so basically you compile the sources and then link to that object file...

Frank

Post by liug » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:21 pm

liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:
oh that one. I've been using it for a long time on my thinkpad.
linux of course :)
the object file is for linux and there is no way
to link a linux obj with qnx's ones as far as I know.
again, if you can find the source code for this "binary properiety object",
we would love to see.

frank

source code for a winmodem?
hehe, must be dreaming ...
on the other hand, since you are not a programmer, I won't be surprised
if you don't know what "source" means :)
seriously, I'd love to be proved wrong.

frank

Zephyrus

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Zephyrus » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:05 am

I'd posted it under another post above...

[]z

Bernard Leclerc <whittom-leclerc@sympatico.ca> escreveu nas notícias de
mensagem:aq7dq0$qdd$1@inn.qnx.com...
Zephyrus wrote:

Hey... I have the sources of the linux driver! Are you interested in
it?
Can I send it to you by e-mail? [...]

Yes, send me the code directly. I'll take a look and start figuring out
how to write a QNX resource manager for this beast.

Please, keep looking for the URL and post it when found.

Bernard

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.network”