Phindows 2.00 and QNX4

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon

Phindows 2.00 and QNX4

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:38 pm

For several years we've used Phindows 1.x to connect to our QNX4
systems and have been extremely happy with it. Most of our recent
development has been under QNX6 and a few months ago we updated to
Phindows 2.00 in order to talk to our QNX6 systems. I now have the
need to connect to one of our QNX4 systems and Phindows 2.00 seems to
have problems. It connects fine and it brings up the login box but it
displays NO TEXT. There's no text labels on the User Name / Password
dialog box and when you type your name and password into the
appropriate fields, the cursor moves but no text appears in the text
boxes. Once logged in, the desktop appears OK but there is NO TEXT on
anything. If I open the help viewer, it comes up fine and shows me
everything I'd expect to see... except for text! There are rules,
icons, bits of graphics, etc. but not one bit of text. If I open a
terminal window I get the same problem. The cursor moves when I type
and in response to commands like 'ls' but no text appears at all.

Needless to say, it's hard to get anything done under those
conditions. Is there an update to the QNX4 phrelay that would fix
this problem? I'd be happy to just go back to running my copy of
Phindows 1 to talk to our QNX 4 systems but apparently there is some
kind of conflict between Phindows 1 and 2. At least, when I initially
installed Phindows 2, I either couldn't get it to run at all or I
couldn't get it to run reliably until I uninstalled Phindows 1.

Best Regards,

Charlie Hubbard

Mario Charest

Re: Phindows 2.00 and QNX4

Post by Mario Charest » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:05 pm

<charles.hubbard@pnl.gov> wrote in message
[...]

Make sure the directory that is specifed in phindows.ini file exits ( that
file is in the windows directory I beleive).

Best Regards,

Charlie Hubbard

Guest

Re: Phindows 2.00 and QNX4

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:21 pm

[...]

Problem solved!

Thanks Mario. The phindows.ini file was still pointing at the old
Phindows 1 installation directory I guess (c:\usr\photon). I suppose
that also explains why Phindows 2.00 didn't behave well until I got
rid of my Phindows 1 install. Anyway, I changed phindows.ini to point
to the installation directory for Phindows 2.00 (c:\program
files\phindows) and now I can connect to both QNX4 and QNX6 systems
with no troubles.

Thanks again

Charlie Hubbard

Post Reply