View topic - Voyager/Opera screen corruption

Voyager/Opera screen corruption

Discussion about the general applications that run on QNX6

Voyager/Opera screen corruption

Postby Phr0zenNemesis » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:31 am

Hi. I recently installed QNX 6.2, and have noticed an odd problem with Voyager, Opera, the Helpviewer, and the new package installer (presumably because it uses Voyager to display info pages). After a little while of using any one of those programs, the screen has some major corruption problems, sometimes so bad I can't even make out the text.

This happens regardless of whether I'm online or not, and does not happen in any other applications. I believe it has something to do with the display driver, as I'm using a Voodoo5 5500 on the devg-banshee driver, and there are a few other minor problems (such as very high resolutions not working correctly, wavyness of the text, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the problem:
http://iceplanet.netfirms.com/error.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Phr0zenNemesis

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:50 am

Try going into the Voyager preferences window (Edit menu), go to the Information tab and uncheck Use Double Buffering

Postby Phr0zenNemesis » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:51 pm

So far that seems to be working. Now I can go back to using Opera a bit more. :D
Phr0zenNemesis

Opera install

Postby kazso » Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:13 am

How can i install Opera 6.01 in QNX 6.2?
When i install it with Package Installer, everything seems to be ok. The Opera icon is in Launch menu->Internet, but when click on the icon, Voyager starts. :?
kazso

Re: Opera install

Postby Kinners » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:48 am

kazso wrote:How can i install Opera 6.01 in QNX 6.2?
When i install it with Package Installer, everything seems to be ok. The Opera icon is in Launch menu->Internet, but when click on the icon, Voyager starts. :?

Yes, Voyager is the interface, Opera is just handling all the network and html rendering. They didn't port the Opera interface, just the guts of Opera.
Kinners
QNX Master

Return to QNX6 - Applications