View topic - application skin/thema

application skin/thema

Read-only archive of qnx.gui (Creating graphical applications within a GUI environment, such as Photon or PhAB) at inn.qnx.com

application skin/thema

Postby gastan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:18 pm

Any idea how to achieve that ?
My boss wants all button different colours and restyle all the editboxes.
And I bet other will want it differently, so I'd better do some skin/style/them approach. Is it possible to iterate trough all the widget on window/dalog ?

thx for any suggestions
gastan

RE: application skin/thema

Postby maschoen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:33 pm

Are you talking about from PhAB or programmatically. The answer to both is yes.
maschoen
QNX Master

RE: application skin/thema

Postby gastan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:03 pm

well I suppose PhAB is more visual. So I would prefer that way. I studied templats, but that does nto seem like the way to go. I got some coding, but I dunno how to iterate through all the controlls on the form, also to figure out the type of the controll. Am I just too spoiled by M$ IDEs or too lame ? I would prefer PhAB way of skinnig, so I can see end result, and visually choose whci controls to skin how.

thx for your reply
gastan

Skins?

Postby maschoen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:10 pm

It appears we are miscommunicating here heavily. When I suggested that you could either change things via PhAB or programmatically, this was not meant to imply a choice. If you are building a static application that will not change, you should use PhAB because it will likely be much easier. Changing things programmatically makes sense if you want the user to be able to modify the look.

As far as the how to part in PhAB. If you select a bunch of widgets, you should be able to change any common properties all at once.

Of course there have been applications I've built where creating and changing widgets via PhAB was time consuming and tedious do to the large number, and regularity of them. Think a large grid. In that case, programmatically was the way to go.
maschoen
QNX Master

RE: Skins?

Postby gastan » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:33 am

yeah we do, I wanted to resking already existing application.
any hints as to how to detect parent for of widget adn it's type ?

thx
gastan

Return to qnx.gui