QNX and ODBC

bridged with qdn.public.news
Post Reply
Nick Gorham

QNX and ODBC

Post by Nick Gorham » Thu Jul 19, 2001 8:54 am

Hi,

Its been suggested I post this here (instead of where I first posted it,
qdn.public.articles)

I have just finished ports of unixODBC (http://www.unixodbc.org) and our

ODBC-ODBC bridge client (http://www.easysoft.com/products/oob) to
QNX 6.1 x86. Hopefully there will be people who can test this.

Between them the two packages provide apps on QNX with the ODBC 3.5 API,

libs and headers, and some command line tools to check connectivity. The

unixODBC package provides a ODBC 3.5 Driver Manager, and includes a
driver for Postgres and a sinple text driver. The ODBC-ODBC Brodge
Client is a ODBC driver that can be used to connect to the
ODBC-ODBC bridge server on windows or unix boxes, and provides the QNX
application access to ODBC data sources on the remote box.

This way QNX can connect to SQL Server, Oracle, and just about any other

database with a Windows ODBC driver.

--
Nick Gorham
Easysoft Ltd

Kevin Stallard

Re: QNX and ODBC

Post by Kevin Stallard » Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:48 pm

This is terrific. I'll be sure and do some testing.

Kevin
"Nick Gorham" <nick@easysoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.news”