XFree86 for QNX6 downloadable

bridged with qdn.public.news
Post Reply
Jutta Steinhoff

XFree86 for QNX6 downloadable

Post by Jutta Steinhoff » Fri Apr 20, 2001 9:33 pm

Hi all,

for all, who are interested, we have uploaded sources
and binaries for XFree86 3.3.6 under QNX6 to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/

Other QNX6 ports are at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/

Enjoy,
Jutta

STEINHOFF Automation- & Fieldbus-Systems
http://www.dachs.net

Jutta Steinhoff

Re: XFree86 for QNX6 downloadable /Update

Post by Jutta Steinhoff » Sat Apr 21, 2001 6:56 pm

Just a notice for all who have already downloaded the sources:
... the release notes are updated!

Before you compile:
- create a link from /usr/bin/bison to /usr/bin/yacc
- create a link from /usr/bin/cpp to /usr/XFree86/bin/cpp

Jutta Steinhoff wrote:
Hi all,

for all, who are interested, we have uploaded sources
and binaries for XFree86 3.3.6 under QNX6 to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/

Other QNX6 ports are at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/

Enjoy,
Jutta

STEINHOFF Automation- & Fieldbus-Systems
http://www.dachs.net

Ibrahim Fazel Poor

Re: XFree86 for QNX6 downloadable

Post by Ibrahim Fazel Poor » Mon Aug 13, 2001 8:46 pm

will i be able to upgread to the latest xf86 server once i have 3.3.6
installed ?
"Jutta Steinhoff" <j-steinhoff@web.de> wrote in message
Hi all,

for all, who are interested, we have uploaded sources
and binaries for XFree86 3.3.6 under QNX6 to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/

Other QNX6 ports are at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/

Enjoy,
Jutta

STEINHOFF Automation- & Fieldbus-Systems
http://www.dachs.net

Alain Magloire

Post by Alain Magloire » Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:44 pm

Jutta Steinhoff <j-steinhoff@web.de> wrote:
: Hi all,

: for all, who are interested, we have uploaded sources
: and binaries for XFree86 3.3.6 under QNX6 to:

: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/

: Other QNX6 ports are at:
: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/

: Enjoy,
: Jutta

: STEINHOFF Automation- & Fieldbus-Systems
: http://www.dachs.net

I'm curious what is the difference between
openqnx and qnxfree
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qnxfree/

Why the split?

Jutta Steinhoff

Re: XFree86 for QNX6 downloadable

Post by Jutta Steinhoff » Mon Aug 13, 2001 10:04 pm

Ibrahim, you can upgrade to XFree 4.x.x when anyone has ported it.

Currently you will find online the sources as well as the binaries
of the XFree86 3.3.6 version.

The last 4 days the sources were downloaded 1300 times....

Jutta

Post by Jutta Steinhoff » Mon Aug 13, 2001 10:48 pm

Alain Magloire wrote:
Jutta Steinhoff <j-steinhoff@web.de> wrote:
: Hi all,

: for all, who are interested, we have uploaded sources
: and binaries for XFree86 3.3.6 under QNX6 to:

: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/

: Other QNX6 ports are at:
: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/

: Enjoy,
: Jutta

: STEINHOFF Automation- & Fieldbus-Systems
: http://www.dachs.net

I'm curious what is the difference between
openqnx and qnxfree
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qnxfree/

Why the split?
Alain, have a look how many different sourceforge pages are created for
QNX-based ports. QNXfree is created from Igor, PyQNX and OpenQNX are
created from Armin.

Armin's PyQNX page should be only for Python (QNX4 and QNX6), but
currently you will find on it also GTK and other X11 stuff as well as
PVM. Next versions of these non Python ports will be published on the
OpenQNX page.

OpenQNX was created later and is only for QNX6 ports with exception of
Python ports. New ports for that page are already in the pipe.
May be Armin will split that page at any time to have a special kind of
software separately...

Jutta

Guest

Re: XFree86 for QNX6 downloadable

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 07, 2001 5:34 am

I just completed the XFree 4.1.0 (latest 4.x.x release), and will
put it for download when I find a good place.

Ibrahim Fazel Poor wrote:

will i be able to upgread to the latest xf86 server once i have 3.3.6
installed ?
"Jutta Steinhoff" <j-steinhoff@web.de> wrote in message
Hi all,

for all, who are interested, we have uploaded sources
and binaries for XFree86 3.3.6 under QNX6 to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/

Other QNX6 ports are at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/

Enjoy,
Jutta

STEINHOFF Automation- & Fieldbus-Systems
http://www.dachs.net

Jutta Steinhoff

Re: XFree86 for QNX6 downloadable

Post by Jutta Steinhoff » Mon Oct 08, 2001 9:58 am

Hello,

what do you think about
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/
for Open QNX6 projects?

It's created for ported QNX 6 (now 6.1) sources incl. binaries.
You are welcome!

If it's interesting for you please drop me an email to
'jutta at steinhoff dot de' and you will get administration rights.

Regards,
Jutta

Ibrahim Fazel Poor wrote:

will i be able to upgread to the latest xf86 server once i have 3.3.6
installed ?
"Jutta Steinhoff" <j-steinhoff@web.de> wrote in message
Hi all,

for all, who are interested, we have uploaded sources
and binaries for XFree86 3.3.6 under QNX6 to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/

Other QNX6 ports are at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqnx/

Enjoy,
Jutta

STEINHOFF Automation- & Fieldbus-Systems
http://www.dachs.net

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.news”