#define problem

bridged with qdn.public.porting
Post Reply
Scott A.

#define problem

Post by Scott A. » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:07 pm

#define MAX_PRESET 4000000000

When I do this the compiler keeps screaming about how it is so large it is
unsigned (decimal constant so large it is unsigned). Is there anyway for the
compiler to not warn me about this and assume it is unsigned anyway? not a
critical problem just annoying every time I compile.

I'm running QNX 6.2.0 PE

Any suggestions would be appreciated
--
Scott

Brian Stecher

Re: #define problem

Post by Brian Stecher » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:11 pm

Scott A. <scott.anderson@fkilogistex.com> wrote:
#define MAX_PRESET 4000000000

When I do this the compiler keeps screaming about how it is so large it is
unsigned (decimal constant so large it is unsigned). Is there anyway for the
compiler to not warn me about this and assume it is unsigned anyway? not a
critical problem just annoying every time I compile.
#define MAX_PRESET 4000000000U

--
Brian Stecher (bstecher@qnx.com) QNX Software Systems, Ltd.
phone: +1 (613) 591-0931 (voice) 175 Terence Matthews Cr.

Scott A.

Re: #define problem

Post by Scott A. » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:18 pm

Thanks Brian

--
Scott A.

"Brian Stecher" <bstecher@qnx.com> wrote in message
Scott A. <scott.anderson@fkilogistex.com> wrote:
#define MAX_PRESET 4000000000

When I do this the compiler keeps screaming about how it is so large it
is
unsigned (decimal constant so large it is unsigned). Is there anyway for
the
compiler to not warn me about this and assume it is unsigned anyway? not
critical problem just annoying every time I compile.

#define MAX_PRESET 4000000000U

--
Brian Stecher (bstecher@qnx.com) QNX Software Systems, Ltd.
phone: +1 (613) 591-0931 (voice) 175 Terence Matthews Cr.
+1 (613) 591-3579 (fax) Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M
1W8

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.porting”