Ages to Start

bridged with qdn.public.photon
Post Reply
Bob Miles

Ages to Start

Post by Bob Miles » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:46 pm

We have an application which we want to start from "sysinit" in a Photon
(version 1.13)
terminal window.
It takes at least one minute to appear on the monitor after photon has
started. - This is a much longer time
it takes to use the mouse and keyboard to start the application - so it does
not appear to be the application !

Any ideas what this might be ?

Bob

Werner Schweizer

Re: Ages to Start

Post by Werner Schweizer » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:20 pm

Did you create a /etc/config/trap/input.$NODE file.
This file specifies where Photon can find mouse and keyboard
so it doesn't have to search for.

You can create this file by
inputtrap > /etc/config/trap/input.$NODE

MfG
Werner

"Bob Miles" <rmiles@radamec.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
We have an application which we want to start from "sysinit" in a Photon
(version 1.13)
terminal window.
It takes at least one minute to appear on the monitor after photon has
started. - This is a much longer time
it takes to use the mouse and keyboard to start the application - so it
does
not appear to be the application !

Any ideas what this might be ?

Bob