where can I find the declaration of term_lmenu() function ?

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4
Post Reply
qnxuser

where can I find the declaration of term_lmenu() function ?

Post by qnxuser » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:43 pm

I am maintaining a software written with Watcom 10.6 C on qnx4.25. I could
not find any information
about "term_lmenu" function. I tried every possible way that I know. Does
anyone know
where I can find it ?
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Steve Reid

Re: where can I find the declaration of term_lmenu() functio

Post by Steve Reid » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:52 pm

qnxuser <kcdstore@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am maintaining a software written with Watcom 10.6 C on qnx4.25. I could
not find any information
about "term_lmenu" function. I tried every possible way that I know. Does
anyone know
where I can find it ?
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.
We didn't include the Watcom term_* functions in our most recent docs, so
you'll have to find a very old set of Watcom for QNX docs. I found an old
copy (1991) here; what would you like to know about term_lmenu()?

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

qnxuser

Re: where can I find the declaration of term_lmenu() functio

Post by qnxuser » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:18 pm

I want to learn how the function works.
Thank you.

Post by Steve Reid » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:41 pm

qnxuser <kcdstore@yahoo.com> wrote:
I want to learn how the function works.
Here's a summary of the docs:

#include <sys/qnxterm.h>

char *term_lmenu( int row,
int col,
char **menu_ptr,
char *select_ptr,
unsigned attr,
unsigned *equiv_ptr,
unsigned flags);

The arguments are the same as for term_menu(), and the function returns the
same values, but term_lmenu() draws the menu as multiple lines in a column
-- term_menu() draws a one-line menu.

Both functions display the menu at (row, col), where (0,0) is the upper
left corner of the screen. The selected item is displayed in reverse video.

The menu_ptr is an array of pointers to menu strings, and select_ptr points
to one of the strings.

The attr argument defines display attributes for the menu characters. It
uses the same flags as term_load().

The equiv_ptr argument is NULL or a pointer to a NULL_terminated array of
unsigned integer pairs for mapping keys to menu items.

The flags is a bitwise ORing of:

TERM_MENU_DISPLAY -- force the displaying of the menu.
TERM_MENU_NO_CANCEL -- suppress exiting by way of the Cancel key.
TERM_MENU_UNKNOWN -- return if an unknown character is entered.
TERM_MENU_NO_CEOL -- suppress clear-to-end-of-line.

The functions return a pointer to the selected item, or NULL if cancelled.

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

qnxuser

Re: where can I find the declaration of term_lmenu() functio

Thank you for the information. It was very helpful

[...]

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4”