Post Reply
rp

Customizing pterm prompt

Post by rp » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:32 pm

Hello,

how to customize ($PWD) the prompt in pterm (terminal photon terminal)
?

Thx

OS Support

Re: Customizing pterm prompt

Post by OS Support » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:58 pm

export PS1='$PWD->'

Regards,
Barry

"rp" <rp@no.com> wrote in message
Hello,

how to customize ($PWD) the prompt in pterm (terminal photon terminal)
?

Thx

rp

Re: Customizing pterm prompt

Post by rp » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:17 pm

OS Support wrote :
export PS1='$PWD->'
Yes, but in which configuration file ?
It's Ok in console mode but not in photon pterm (and my aliases
configurated in /etc/profile are disabled either).

Steve Reid

Post by Steve Reid » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:18 pm

rp <rp@no.com> wrote:
OS Support wrote :
export PS1='$PWD->'

Yes, but in which configuration file ?
It's Ok in console mode but not in photon pterm (and my aliases
configurated in /etc/profile are disabled either).
The shell runs /etc/profile and ~/.profile only if it's a login shell. You
have a couple of choices:

- If you're using ksh, create a file (e.g. ~/.kshrc) and set ENV to be
its name in your ~/.profile. You can also set aliases in the non-login
profile (the shell doesn't export aliases, so you have to set them
whenever you start a shell).

- You can start pterm with the -l option to make it into a login shell.

I hope this helps.

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

rp

Post by rp » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:40 pm

Steve Reid wrote :
- You can start pterm with the -l option to make it into a login shell.
That's exactly what I need.
I hope this helps.
You do, thank U.

Post Reply