netinfo -L description

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4
Post Reply
Leonid Khait

netinfo -L description

Post by Leonid Khait » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:19 am

Where can I find more detiled info about netinfo -L output?

Whot mean about Ethernet:
Tx Collision Errors (abotred)..... 131572

and about Arcnet
Network Reconfigurations.........2016
network?

Thank you.

Hugh Brown

Re: netinfo -L description

Post by Hugh Brown » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:25 pm

"Leonid Khait" <lhait@diaspro.com> wrote in message
Where can I find more detiled info about netinfo -L output?

Whot mean about Ethernet:
Tx Collision Errors (abotred)..... 131572
Aborted Tx collisions means that the transmission was aborted due to too
many collisions on the network. The transmitter tries n number of times to
transmit the message and aborts the transmission after n retries. "n" is
normally about 16.
and about Arcnet
Network Reconfigurations.........2016
I'm not sure on this one!
network?

Thank you.

Bill Caroselli

Re: netinfo -L description

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:37 pm

Hugh Brown <hsbrown@qnx.com> wrote:

HB > "Leonid Khait" <lhait@diaspro.com> wrote in message
HB > news:brj4it$fti$1@inn.qnx.com...
Where can I find more detiled info about netinfo -L output?

Whot mean about Ethernet:
Tx Collision Errors (abotred)..... 131572
I consider this number excessive.

HB > Aborted Tx collisions means that the transmission was aborted due to too
HB > many collisions on the network. The transmitter tries n number of times to
HB > transmit the message and aborts the transmission after n retries. "n" is
HB > normally about 16.
and about Arcnet
Network Reconfigurations.........2016
HB > I'm not sure on this one!

Arcnet reconfigurations occur every time a device is connected or
disconnected to/from the network.

Under that condition that are OK. If you see reconfigs when no
hardware is benig (dis)connected that is an indication of hardware or
cabeling problems.
network?

Thank you.

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number

David Gibbs

Re: netinfo -L description

Post by David Gibbs » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:54 pm

Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hugh Brown <hsbrown@qnx.com> wrote:
and about Arcnet
Network Reconfigurations.........2016

HB > I'm not sure on this one!

Arcnet reconfigurations occur every time a device is connected or
disconnected to/from the network.

Under that condition that are OK. If you see reconfigs when no
hardware is benig (dis)connected that is an indication of hardware or
cabeling problems.
The most common hardware problem being a duplicate arcnet physical node
number. If that number is growing in a stable network, then you likely
have a conflict.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4”