Serial Ata Disk on QNX4

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4
Post Reply
Víctor J Gamboa

Serial Ata Disk on QNX4

Post by Víctor J Gamboa » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:15 am

Hi, I want to use Serial Ata Disk (SATA) on QNX4 (4.25e). Does anyone know
if QNX could work with that kind of disks ?

Any help and information is appreciatte. Thanks ...

Victor

Mario Charest

Re: Serial Ata Disk on QNX4

Post by Mario Charest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:31 pm

SATA is register compatible (it's just a cabling standard), so it whould
work.

However on motherboard with both SATA and PATA, the SATA may sit at non
standard address and thus required providing port and IRQ setting to
Fsys.eide driver.

- That's an educated guess

"Víctor J Gamboa" <vgamboa@comperial utech.com.mx> wrote in message
Hi, I want to use Serial Ata Disk (SATA) on QNX4 (4.25e). Does anyone know
if QNX could work with that kind of disks ?

Any help and information is appreciatte. Thanks ...

Victor

Víctor J Gamboa

Re: Serial Ata Disk on QNX4

Post by Víctor J Gamboa » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:08 am

Ohhh.... Thanks for your answer. However I have a doubt yet. If I have to
give the address and irq to qnx, where can I get those values ? From the
BIOS ? I will check over there to see if I can get the values.

Again, thanks for the help.

Victor J Gamboa

Hi, I want to use Serial Ata Disk (SATA) on QNX4 (4.25e). Does anyone
know
if QNX could work with that kind of disks ?

Any help and information is appreciatte. Thanks ...

Victor

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4”