How to extend snmpd under QNX4.0

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4
Post Reply
Carlo Rafalski

How to extend snmpd under QNX4.0

Post by Carlo Rafalski » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:13 pm

How can one extend the QNX 4.0 snmpd with an own mib ?

Carlo

Robert Rutherford

Re: How to extend snmpd under QNX4.0

Post by Robert Rutherford » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:59 pm

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:13:58 +0100, Carlo Rafalski wrote:
How can one extend the QNX 4.0 snmpd with an own mib ?

Carlo
AFAIIK you can't - using the tools supplied by QNX. You need 3rd party
software.

If you use C++ I recommend the snmp++/agent++ toolkit by Frank Fock
www.agentpp.com

We got this package to work on both QNX4 and QNX6 with only minor tweaks.
It isn't free but it's quite affordable and has good support.

If you are looking for a pure C solution then I'm sure there are plenty of
options out there but I can't recommend one in particular.

PS I presume you mean QNX 4.25. QNX 4.0 is long gone.

Rob Rutherford

Roman St.Zhavnis

Re: How to extend snmpd under QNX4.0

Post by Roman St.Zhavnis » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:33 pm

Roman. The best only for you!
"Robert Rutherford" <ruzz@NoSpamPlease.ruzz.com> ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: news:h2kceixh7vos.13c2aiojmmgw9$.dlg@40tude.net...
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:13:58 +0100, Carlo Rafalski wrote:

How can one extend the QNX 4.0 snmpd with an own mib ?

Carlo

AFAIIK you can't - using the tools supplied by QNX. You need 3rd party
software.

If you use C++ I recommend the snmp++/agent++ toolkit by Frank Fock
www.agentpp.com

We got this package to work on both QNX4 and QNX6 with only minor tweaks.
It isn't free but it's quite affordable and has good support.

If you are looking for a pure C solution then I'm sure there are plenty of
options out there but I can't recommend one in particular.

PS I presume you mean QNX 4.25. QNX 4.0 is long gone.

Rob Rutherford

Roman St.Zhavnis

Re: How to extend snmpd under QNX4.0

Post by Roman St.Zhavnis » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:46 pm

Sorry for this double-click :)
I wrote my own snmpd under QNX4.25 some months ago. This was not trial
project :)
First, you need tcp/ip v5.0
Also, it is good idea to look at snmpd source provided by QSSL. You will not
be able to compile it :) because... it is not qnx-code :)) but you can use
it as skeleton of your agent.
At last, if you want handle standart mib-tree you need sources of kvm_open,
kvm_nlist, kvm_read functions.
I have ported (with some help from friends ;) these functions to qnx4. If
you want we can continue this dicussion by e-mail.
Regards!

--
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4”