1Gig

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4

1Gig

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:48 pm

I read 1Gig network would be lot of work to implement because FLEET timing
would need to be tuned.

But what if one is to only use TCP/IP on a 1 Gig network.

My question is if the driver would support it, will it work with TCP/IP.
Any gotcha?

Depending on the answer I`ll take it up with sales ;)

- Mario

Hugh Brown

Re: 1Gig

Post by Hugh Brown » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:02 pm

We have disabled 1Gig in the Net.i82540 driver, so yes, I guess you would
have to speak to sales if this is an absolute requirement.

"Mario Charest" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
I read 1Gig network would be lot of work to implement because FLEET timing
would need to be tuned.

But what if one is to only use TCP/IP on a 1 Gig network.

My question is if the driver would support it, will it work with TCP/IP.
Any gotcha?

Depending on the answer I`ll take it up with sales ;)

- Mario

Enrico Bendinelli

Re: 1Gig

Post by Enrico Bendinelli » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:51 pm

It should be great to have the 1 Gbit operation with TCP/IP, we need
this function for a new project. We are thinking to develop a new driver
and connect it to TCP/IP 5 via VPI :-(.

enrico

I read 1Gig network would be lot of work to implement because FLEET timing
would need to be tuned.

But what if one is to only use TCP/IP on a 1 Gig network.

My question is if the driver would support it, will it work with TCP/IP.
Any gotcha?

Depending on the answer I`ll take it up with sales ;)

- Mario

Mario Charest

Re: 1Gig

Post by Mario Charest » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:40 pm

"Enrico Bendinelli" <enricob@prisma-eng.it> wrote in message
It should be great to have the 1 Gbit operation with TCP/IP, we need
this function for a new project. We are thinking to develop a new driver
and connect it to TCP/IP 5 via VPI :-(.

enrico
I have not yet received feedback from my contact.

I read 1Gig network would be lot of work to implement because FLEET
timing
would need to be tuned.

But what if one is to only use TCP/IP on a 1 Gig network.

My question is if the driver would support it, will it work with TCP/IP.
Any gotcha?

Depending on the answer I`ll take it up with sales ;)

- Mario

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4”