XLS File Format

bridged with qnx.development_tools
Post Reply
Joan Baucells

XLS File Format

Post by Joan Baucells » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know a library or tool to write xls files directly from a C
application running on QNX6 (or QNX4)?
Thanks in advance

maschoen

RE: XLS File Format

Post by maschoen » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:57 pm

quotes

maschoen

RE: XLS File Format

Post by maschoen » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:57 pm

Not sure if this will help, but it is quite easy to write .CVS files
which are readable by just about any spreadsheet program.
The format is as below:

field11,field12,field13....
field21,field22,field23...

or you can put the fields in quites

Colin Burgess

Re: XLS File Format

Post by Colin Burgess » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:12 am

I haven't seen a C library, but there is a PHP package,
http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer, and a Perl package, http://search.cpan.org/dist/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel/

I didn't have PHP on my system, but the perl package seems to have worked with the perl 5.8 I had
installed.

Colin

--
cburgess@qnx.com

Joan Baucells

Re: XLS File Format

Post by Joan Baucells » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:20 am

Thank you for your answer, but I need to put more than one sheet in the
same file.
CSV doesn't support that feature.
At the end I can create a CSV file for each sheet, but I'll try to avoid
this approach.

Regards

maschoen wrote:
Not sure if this will help, but it is quite easy to write .CVS files
which are readable by just about any spreadsheet program.
The format is as below:

field11,field12,field13....
field21,field22,field23...
..

or you can put the fields in quites

Joan Baucells

Re: XLS File Format

Post by Joan Baucells » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:21 am

Thanks Collin,

I'll investigate both packages.

Joan Baucells wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know a library or tool to write xls files directly from a C
application running on QNX6 (or QNX4)?
Thanks in advance

--
cburgess@qnx.com

Armin

Re: XLS File Format

Post by Armin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:08 am

Colin Burgess wrote:
I haven't seen a C library, but there is a PHP package,
http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer, and a Perl
package, http://search.cpan.org/dist/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel/
There is also a project for Python ... use google.

--Armin

Post by Armin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:02 am

Armin wrote:
Colin Burgess wrote:
I haven't seen a C library, but there is a PHP package,
http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer, and a Perl
package, http://search.cpan.org/dist/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel/

There is also a project for Python ... use google.
or take this here: http://pyxlreader.sourceforge.net/
--Armin

Joan Baucells wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know a library or tool to write xls files directly from a C
application running on QNX6 (or QNX4)?
Thanks in advance

Colin Burgess

Re: XLS File Format

Post by Colin Burgess » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:10 pm

That one seems to only read files?

Armin wrote:

Post by Armin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:36 pm

Colin Burgess wrote:
That one seems to only read files?
yes :-(

--Armin

Armin wrote:

Joan Baucells wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know a library or tool to write xls files directly from
a C
application running on QNX6 (or QNX4)?
Thanks in advance

Martin Nylund

Re: XLS File Format

Post by Martin Nylund » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:45 am

You could also try the Excel XML file format, and use some XML library to
fill in the data

"Joan Baucells" <joan_baucells@NoSpam.es> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi,

Does anyone know a library or tool to write xls files directly from a C
application running on QNX6 (or QNX4)?
Thanks in advance

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.development_tools”