Post Reply
rlb

PhAB bad behavior

Post by rlb » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:59 pm

A team of developers here is running Momentics 4.0.1 on XP boxes.
Project version control is CVS on a network server. One person uses
PhAB intensively and a couple of others are intermittent users -- all
have noted the following behavior.

While working on widgets in PhAB, it will become unresponsive in the
sense that you can't minimize or drag a window and the Undo operation
fails. In my particular case, PhAB could not restart because of a
failure to find a file (apparently a ".wgtw" object). The
pop-up message was visible only for about 2 seconds but contained a
button labeled something like "Ignore warning, go ahead
anyway". I believe I was able to click on the brief target but
PhAB did not start.

Fortunately, one of our group had a fully functional configuration
which he committed and, when the victims updated, the Momentics/PhAB
combo acted as expected... but for how long?

This seems to be related to Momentics
itself based on one short experiment that showed PhAB, when started
by itself, did not have the undo/delete/drag problems.

Max Feil

Re: PhAB bad behavior

Post by Max Feil » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:00 pm

This wouldn't explain everything you're seeing, but if the IDE does not
respond on the socket used to talk with PhAB, that could make PhAB
unresponsive.

Max

"rlb" <robert.bottemiller@fmcti-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
[...]

Return to “qnx.development_tools”