Dependency checking in Momentincs 6.3.0 SP3

bridged with qnx.development_tools
Post Reply
Maurizio Rossi

Dependency checking in Momentincs 6.3.0 SP3

Post by Maurizio Rossi » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:26 am

Hi all,

the dependency checking option in Momentics 6.3.0 SP3 does not works.
Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Maurizio Rossi

Maurizio Rossi

Re: Dependency checking in Momentincs 6.3.0 SP3

Post by Maurizio Rossi » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:42 pm

ping...

"Maurizio Rossi" <mrossi@system-group.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi all,

the dependency checking option in Momentics 6.3.0 SP3 does not works.
Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Maurizio Rossi

Rodney Dowdall

Re: Dependency checking in Momentincs 6.3.0 SP3

Post by Rodney Dowdall » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Hello Maurizio

Do you mean in the IDE? I will check and see if this is a known issue.
Can you give me a reproducible test case?

Thanks,
Rodney

Hi all,

the dependency checking option in Momentics 6.3.0 SP3 does not works.
Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Maurizio Rossi

Maurizio Rossi

Re: Dependency checking in Momentincs 6.3.0 SP3

Post by Maurizio Rossi » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:31 am

Hi Rodney,

yes I mean the Enhanced dependency checking in the Windows hosted IDE (I
don't use the native QNX version).
This build option simply does not works i.e. modifying a ".h" file included
in a ".c" file does not invoke the compiler for the ".c" source.
Maybe a wrong configuration/installation of Momentics?

Regards,
Maurizio Rossi

Hi all,

the dependency checking option in Momentics 6.3.0 SP3 does not works.
Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Maurizio Rossi

David Gibbs

Re: Dependency checking in Momentincs 6.3.0 SP3

Post by David Gibbs » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:25 pm

Maurizio Rossi <mrossi@system-group.it> wrote:
Hi Rodney,
What type of project? Have you toggled this behaviour to on (it defaults to
off) for the project in question?

I just tested it with both 6.3.0 SP3 and with IDE 4, using a Standard
Make C Project, and it behaved as expected.

x.h
a.c and b.c both #include "x.h"

"Check Dependencies On/Off" off (no check mark in C/C++ Projects Context
Menu), edit x.h, save, build. No build.

"Check Dependencies On/Off" on (check mark in menu), edit x.h, save,
build. a.c and b.c get rebuilt.

-David

dagibbs@qnx.com

Maurizio Rossi

Re: Dependency checking in Momentincs 6.3.0 SP3

Post by Maurizio Rossi » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:56 am

Hi David,

projects are "QNX C" projects.
The IDE in 6.3.0 SP3 does not work this way for me.
Can you tell me why?
I'm unable to use IDE 4: I'm working on 6.3.2A and 6.2.1B targets and this
version of the IDE get lost trying to start the debugger when using the
switching to 6.2.1B tools

Regards,
Maurizio Rossi

Hi all,

the dependency checking option in Momentics 6.3.0 SP3 does not works.
Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Maurizio Rossi

dagibbs@qnx.com