sem*

bridged with qnx.development_tools

sem*

Post by Mario Charest » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:15 pm

Prototypes for semget, semctl, semop are in sys/sem.h but I can't find them
in any libraries?

- Mario

Igor Kovalenko

Re: sem*

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:39 pm

Right. This confuses the hell out of configure scripts looking for those...
Been reported and known for ages.

I guess, 'talk to your sales rep'.

"Mario Charest" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
Prototypes for semget, semctl, semop are in sys/sem.h but I can't find
them
in any libraries?

- Mario

Miguel Simon

Re: sem*

Post by Miguel Simon » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:40 am

Hi...

....but is there a known solution or workaround? Thanks.

Regards...

Miguel.

Prototypes for semget, semctl, semop are in sys/sem.h but I can't find

them

in any libraries?

- Mario

Igor Kovalenko

Re: sem*

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:01 am

a) Rename the header as useless (but if your software requires them, you
have to hack it away to use POSIX IPC)
b) implement SysV IPC API, put into a library and link with it.

I believe there's an unofficial partial implementation somewhere in the
download section (semaphores only, AFAIR).

-- igor

Prototypes for semget, semctl, semop are in sys/sem.h but I can't find

them

in any libraries?

- Mario

David Gibbs

Re: sem*

Post by David Gibbs » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:54 pm

Mario Charest <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote:
Prototypes for semget, semctl, semop are in sys/sem.h but I can't find them
in any libraries?
PR 21355 (issued Aug, 2004) describes this problem. It is currently
FIXED-TEST, but I don't know what/when the update will be available,
but those prototypes have been commented out in the fixed version.

dagibbs@qnx.com

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.development_tools”