QNX disk image

bridged with qnx.rtos
Post Reply
Thomas Freedy

QNX disk image

Post by Thomas Freedy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi,

Anyone know of a utility to create a QNX disk image?

Thanks,
Tom

maschoen

RE: QNX disk image

Post by maschoen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:53 pm

Are you asking how to copy a disk image from one drive to another?

# cp /dev/hd0 /dev/hd1

or are you looking for CD/DVD image?

Thomas Freedy

Re: QNX disk image

Post by Thomas Freedy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:09 pm

to make multiple drives. something like ghost for windows.

"maschoen" <maschoen@pobox-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
Are you asking how to copy a disk image from one drive to another?

# cp /dev/hd0 /dev/hd1

or are you looking for CD/DVD image?

Ryan J. Allen

Re: QNX disk image

Post by Ryan J. Allen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:56 pm

On 11/12/2007 3:09 PM, Thomas Freedy wrote:
to make multiple drives. something like ghost for windows.
If you've got disks of the exact same geometry you could use dd to make
and replicate an image of the disk.

You could also just tar up the contents of the drive as your "image"
then fdisk/dinit/untar on your target drives. You'd want to make sure
you have the appropriate .boot file if you're booting from the drive on x86.

I think there may be a little script file floating around that automates
this for you. I'll see if I can find it.

--
Ryan J. Allen
QNX Software Systems

Ryan J. Allen

Re: QNX disk image

Post by Ryan J. Allen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:01 pm

On 11/12/2007 3:56 PM, Ryan J. Allen wrote:
I think there may be a little script file floating around that automates
this for you. I'll see if I can find it.
It's actually for QNX4 so some slight modification may be required
(luckily it's a pretty simple script). And it doesn't tar the drive
contents, rather copies them from one drive to another.

Hopefully it helps.

--
Ryan J. Allen
QNX Software Systems