Surprise DEVCTL 7fc6ddc

bridged with qnx.rtos
Post Reply
maschoen

Surprise DEVCTL 7fc6ddc

Post by maschoen » Wed May 23, 2007 3:53 am

I received a surprise devctl call in a serial driver that I'm writing,

7fc6ddc. is there a reference to all of these somewhere?

Thanks,

Ken Schumm

Re: Surprise DEVCTL 7fc6ddc

Post by Ken Schumm » Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 pm

I haven't tried to decode this specific devctl, but there are some surprise
devctl messages that occur when you start a process using on (i.e. on -t
/dev/null) or that style of attaching to other mountpoints. These will
present some QNX system level messages (IO_DEVCTL, IO_DUP...) that are not
expected if you follow the resource manager templates as documented.

"maschoen" <maschoen@pobox-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
I received a surprise devctl call in a serial driver that I'm writing,

7fc6ddc. is there a reference to all of these somewhere?

Thanks,

maschoen

RE: Re: Surprise DEVCTL 7fc6ddc

Post by maschoen » Wed May 23, 2007 3:53 pm

Ken,

Thanks, that is not the case here. The only thing strange about
the circumstances I think was that this may have occured because I
was doing a CTRL-BREAK on the client when it happened.

David Gibbs

Re: Surprise DEVCTL 7fc6ddc

Post by David Gibbs » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:00 pm

maschoen <maschoen@pobox-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
I received a surprise devctl call in a serial driver that I'm writing,

7fc6ddc. is there a reference to all of these somewhere?
Do you give the default devctl handler a chance to run? There's a few
devctl()s that most/all resmgrs are "expected" to handle.

Otherwise, if the standard handler doesn't recognise it, and you
don't, then return an ENOSYS error is generally sensible.

I don't think there's a list that way. But, a bunch of the ones we
do generate are defined in various dmcd* header files.

dagibbs@qnx.com

maschoen

RE: Re: Surprise DEVCTL 7fc6ddc

Post by maschoen » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:52 pm

Thanks Dave, you are are correct. I put in the default hander first,
and I've not seen it since.

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.rtos”