Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

bridged with qnx.rtos
Post Reply
Gusztav Roka

Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

Post by Gusztav Roka » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:45 am

Hello All,

Could anyone explain the usage of the 'screen' utility for
dittoing purpose?

Guszti

Kevin Miller

Re: Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

Post by Kevin Miller » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Anyone care to comment on this? Is there a substitute for "ditto"?

"Gusztav Roka" <gusztav_roka@mailbox.hu> wrote in message
Hello All,

Could anyone explain the usage of the 'screen' utility for
dittoing purpose?

Guszti

Mario Charest

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:07 pm

"Kevin Miller" <kevin.miller@transcore.com> wrote in message
Anyone care to comment on this? Is there a substitute for "ditto"?
Not that I am aware of. I was quite surprise when I was told that ditto like
feature isn't part of QNX6 because of lack of customer request.
Hello All,

Could anyone explain the usage of the 'screen' utility for
dittoing purpose?

Guszti

Warren Deitch

Re: Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

Post by Warren Deitch » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:43 am

Is it too late to request it now ?? It was so usefull for embedded
machines on the other side of a windoze firewall.

Hello All,

Could anyone explain the usage of the 'screen' utility for
dittoing purpose?

Guszti

Pavel Kycina

Re: Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

Did you try devc-clone ?

Hello All,

Could anyone explain the usage of the 'screen' utility for
dittoing purpose?

Guszti

Mario Charest

Re: Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

Post by Mario Charest » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:57 pm

"Pavel Kycina" <xkycina@microstep-hdo.sk> wrote in message
Did you try devc-clone ?
I'd Like to give it another try, where can I find it. Last time I checked
it was a lame attempt at providing QNX4 ditto like feature, but would like
to be proven wrong.

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:44 pm

"Pavel Kycina" <xkycina@microstep-hdo.sk> wrote in message
Did you try devc-clone ?

Where can I find devc-clone. All I want to do is login with telnet and be
able to see what is on /dev/con1....

Hello All,

Could anyone explain the usage of the 'screen' utility for
dittoing purpose?

Guszti

Frank Liu

Post by Frank Liu » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:32 pm

Mario Charest <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:
"Pavel Kycina" <xkycina@microstep-hdo.sk> wrote in message
Did you try devc-clone ?

Where can I find devc-clone.
xtang wrote it. try xtang@qnx.com :)
I remember it was a binary only release, and probably only works on the old qnx 6.1.

Mario Charest

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:03 pm

"Frank Liu" <fliu@usdjmp1.eng.vodafone-us.com> wrote in message
Mario Charest <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

"Pavel Kycina" <xkycina@microstep-hdo.sk> wrote in message
Did you try devc-clone ?

Where can I find devc-clone.

xtang wrote it. try xtang@qnx.com :)
I remember it was a binary only release, and probably only works on the
old qnx 6.1.
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks Frank

- Mario

Pavel Kycina

Re: Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

No, it works fine also with 6.3.2

Mario Charest <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

"Pavel Kycina" <xkycina@microstep-hdo.sk> wrote in message
Did you try devc-clone ?

Where can I find devc-clone.

xtang wrote it. try xtang@qnx.com :)
I remember it was a binary only release, and probably only works on the
old qnx 6.1.

Guest

Re: Dittoing with screen. Is it possible?

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:13 am

Not sure if I am still allowed to put any binary out, but at least the
one out there is at:

http://www.qnxzone.com/~xtang/

-xtang

Post by Mario Charest » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:40 pm

<xtang@qnx.com> wrote in message news:f0rin0$9hc$1@inn.qnx.com...
Not sure if I am still allowed to put any binary out, but at least the
one out there is at:
It's not there anymore, the repository seems empty.

Thanks.
http://www.qnxzone.com/~xtang/

-xtang

Mario Charest <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

"Pavel Kycina" <xkycina@microstep-hdo.sk> wrote in message
Did you try devc-clone ?

Where can I find devc-clone.

xtang wrote it. try xtang@qnx.com :)
I remember it was a binary only release, and probably only works on the
old qnx 6.1.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks Frank

- Mario

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.rtos”