Urgent: 5000 Euro Reward

bridged with qnx.rtos
server

Urgent: 5000 Euro Reward

Post by server » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:58 pm

message unavailable

Guest

Urgent: 5000 Euro Reward

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:58 pm

5000 Euro Belohnung / 5000 Euro Reward --------------------------------------Ich biete eine Belohnung von 5000 Euro wenn mir jemand verraetwie ein Streetgame (International Money Game) die Leute um den Spieler herrum beeinflusst.Ich stecke in genau diesem Unfug drin und irgendjemand manipuliertalle Leute, denen ich begegne und Radio bzw. Fernsehprogramme, dieich beobachte.I offer a reward of 5000 Euro if anybody tells me how a streetgame(International Money Game) manipulates the people around the player.I'm currently trapped in something like that and somebody manipulateseverybody I meet and radio or TV programs I watch or listen to.http://www.fastenrath.net/, http://slashdot.org/~fastenrath/Bernhard FastenrathSteinfelder Gasse 1, 50670 Koeln, Germanyfon: +49-173-5166326fax: +49-69-13306976636email: fasten@hrs.com

Shashank

Re: Alternate boot

Post by Shashank » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:36 pm

During the boot-up process in QNX 4, if you hit the 'esc' key, it takes you
to the text-mode and you can still access all the files. But in QNX 6.3,
when I hit the 'esc' key , it comes up with several options like "safe mode
boot up etc.", but always takes me into photon. How do I boot directly into
the text-mode on Qnx 6.3?

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Shashank

Steve Reid

Re: Alternate boot

Post by Steve Reid » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:54 pm

Shashank <sbalijepalli@precitech.com> wrote:
During the boot-up process in QNX 4, if you hit the 'esc' key, it takes you
to the text-mode and you can still access all the files. But in QNX 6.3,
when I hit the 'esc' key , it comes up with several options like "safe mode
boot up etc.", but always takes me into photon. How do I boot directly into
the text-mode on Qnx 6.3?

I'd appreciate your suggestions.
You just need to create an empty file called /etc/system/config/nophoton
(e.g. touch /etc/system/config/nophoton).

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Shashank

Re: Alternate boot

Post by Shashank » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:04 pm

This takes me directly to text mode. I'd like to have the option to boot
either directly to photon or if I hit 'esc', into text mode.

Thanks,
Shashank

Post by Steve Reid » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:31 pm

Shashank <sbalijepalli@precitech.com> wrote:
This takes me directly to text mode. I'd like to have the option to boot
either directly to photon or if I hit 'esc', into text mode.
Click Shutdown, and then choose "Exit to text mode" in the shutdown
dialog.

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Alex/Systems 104

Re: Alternate boot

Post by Alex/Systems 104 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:01 pm

On 25 Apr 2005 15:54:22 GMT, Steve Reid <stever@sreid.ott.qnx.com> wrote:
You just need to create an empty file called /etc/system/config/nophoton
(e.g. touch /etc/system/config/nophoton).
Sounds like the OP really needs a /etc/system/config/altnophoton
but sorry it doesn't exist :)

Maybe one for the suggestion box?

ed1k

Re: Alternate boot

Post by ed1k » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:35 am

In article <d4japp$2c7$7@inn.qnx.com>, sbalijepalli@precitech.com
says...
This takes me directly to text mode. I'd like to have the option to boot
either directly to photon or if I hit 'esc', into text mode.
Build custom image with no photon and place it as /.altboot

Eduard.

Shashank <sbalijepalli@precitech.com> wrote:

During the boot-up process in QNX 4, if you hit the 'esc' key, it takes
you
to the text-mode and you can still access all the files. But in QNX 6.3,
when I hit the 'esc' key , it comes up with several options like "safe
mode
boot up etc.", but always takes me into photon. How do I boot directly
into
the text-mode on Qnx 6.3?

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

You just need to create an empty file called /etc/system/config/nophoton
(e.g. touch /etc/system/config/nophoton).

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Shashank

Re: Alternate boot

Post by Shashank » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:06 pm

I am new to QNX 6.3. Can someone give me a brief description on how to build
a custom image with no photon?

I looked at the "/boot" directory and saw a few script files that let you
build a custom image. But I am stilla little confused.

I appreciate your suggestions

Shashank

[...]

Post by ed1k » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:22 am

In article <d4o33a$j65$7@inn.qnx.com>, sbalijepalli@precitech.com
says...
I am new to QNX 6.3. Can someone give me a brief description on how to build
a custom image with no photon?
There is no brief description. You have to read QNX documentation.

1) mkifs (make image file system)
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.3. ... /m/mkifs.h
tml

2) QNX Neutrino User Guide
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.3. ... e/starting
..html

3) All scripts started by /etc/system/sysinit

Actually 'tinit -p' brings Photon login screen, so read also
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.3. ... /t/tinit.h
tml

And couple of technical articles should help you
http://www.qnx.com/developers/articles/ ... 310_3.html
http://www.qnx.com/developers/articles/ ... 311_3.html

I think the best way is to declare some environment variable in
alternative image, and use that variable in a script instead of
..nophoton file (or in addition to).

Eduard.
I looked at the "/boot" directory and saw a few script files that let you
build a custom image. But I am stilla little confused.

I appreciate your suggestions

Shashank

Shashank

Re: PCI Data Acquisition Board

Post by Shashank » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:10 pm

Is there any PCI Data Acquisition card with analog inputs and outputs
available for QNX 6.3?

Best,
Shashank

sb

Re: PCI Data Acquisition Board

Post by sb » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:00 pm

http://www.ueidaq.com/
http://www.sensoray.com/html/626data.htm (qnx "driver" in form of a
somewhat limited library, linux source available)
http://www.diamondsystems.com/ (pc104+ pci bus)

bye
stefano

Shashank wrote:
Is there any PCI Data Acquisition card with analog inputs and outputs
available for QNX 6.3?

Best,
Shashank

sb

Re: PCI Data Acquisition Board

Post by sb » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:00 pm

thinking about it, the Diamond Systems' boards are probably not PCI,
sorry (while still remarkable ones, and anyway only in '104 form factor)

stefano

Evan Hillas

Post by Evan Hillas » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:19 pm

Shashank wrote:
Is there any PCI Data Acquisition card with analog inputs and outputs
available for QNX 6.3?
I've always used Advantech, http://www.advantech.com/products/sub_c ... C8SC&BU=eA
Mainly due to there being a local distributor for us but the manufacturing quality is good and questions are answered, albeit sometimes just a "don't know".

Evan

Evan Hillas

Re: PCI Data Acquisition Board

Post by Evan Hillas » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:29 pm

As for driver writing, that's one of the nice features of QNX, you can hit the hardware anywhere you like. The OS doesn't care if a widget callback pokes the parallel port directly or mmap()s a custom framebuffer or whatever. The only requirement is permission.

The primary permission for all such operations is root user access and the program must execute ThreadCtl( _NTO_TCTL_IO, 0 );

Evan

Post Reply

Return to “qnx.rtos”