voyager query

bridged with qdn.public.bsp
Post Reply
Richard Bonomo,6289 Chamb

voyager query

Post by Richard Bonomo,6289 Chamb » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:55 am

We have had a couple of network anomalies since upgrading to
QNX 6.2 (Momentics). Among them is that voyager refuses
to recognized our functioning network (Ethernet) connection,
and keeps trying to connect via a modem.

Any idea why this would be the case?

(There are also anomalies associated with initializing our NIC
with the "wd" driver (no problem in QNX 6.1 or Neutrino 1 or QNX 4).
I did submit a bug report on this quite some time ago.)

Richard B.

Brian K. Hlady

Re: voyager query

Post by Brian K. Hlady » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:40 pm

In your environment, is the variable AUTOCONNECT set? If so, set it to zero.

Cheers,
-Brian

--
+================================================+
Brian K. Hlady bhlady@qnx.com

"Richard Bonomo,6289 Chamberlin,263-4683," <bonomo@sal.wisc.edu> wrote in
message news:b1ckbg$jpf$2@inn.qnx.com...
We have had a couple of network anomalies since upgrading to
QNX 6.2 (Momentics). Among them is that voyager refuses
to recognized our functioning network (Ethernet) connection,
and keeps trying to connect via a modem.

Any idea why this would be the case?

(There are also anomalies associated with initializing our NIC
with the "wd" driver (no problem in QNX 6.1 or Neutrino 1 or QNX 4).
I did submit a bug report on this quite some time ago.)

Richard B.

Richard Bonomo,6289 Chamb

Re: voyager query

Post by Richard Bonomo,6289 Chamb » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:34 pm

Brian K. Hlady wrote:
export -p does not show any reference to AUTOCONNECT.
I thank you for the rapid response you are making..

Rich

[...]

Post by Richard Bonomo,6289 Chamb » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:40 pm

Other followup: mozilla works OK. Why not voyager?

Rich

Brian K. Hlady wrote:
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.bsp”