IDE Not Responging

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Bill Caroselli

IDE Not Responging

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:42 pm

I running the Momentics 6.2.1A (eval) IDE under Windows-XP/Pro.

I was comparing a file from one project with the same file in
another project. There were many differences. I was syncing
the two files together and went to do a save (ctrl-S) from the
compare editor. (I had already done this several times.)

Now the IDE is hung (hour glass cursor for over 5 minutes) and
XP is saying that the application is not responding.

IS this a known bug?

Can I recover my work (please say yes)?

Alex Chapiro

Re: IDE Not Responging

Post by Alex Chapiro » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:06 pm

I never heard this problem before. 6.2.1A was based on Eclipse2.0. Current
version (2.1.1) is essentially improved and cleaned.
About recovering: it depends on the fact were your changes really saved
(maybe they were, if Eclipse hanged on resources update). Otherwise I'm
sorry, editor doesn't have autosave option.

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:bji4g3$fdk$1@inn.qnx.com...
I running the Momentics 6.2.1A (eval) IDE under Windows-XP/Pro.

I was comparing a file from one project with the same file in
another project. There were many differences. I was syncing
the two files together and went to do a save (ctrl-S) from the
compare editor. (I had already done this several times.)

Now the IDE is hung (hour glass cursor for over 5 minutes) and
XP is saying that the application is not responding.

IS this a known bug?

Can I recover my work (please say yes)?

Bill Caroselli

Re: IDE Not Responging

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:35 pm

Update, this has happened again.

It only happened after many saves.

Am I blowing some kind of a save stack?


Alex Chapiro <achapiro@qnx.com> wrote:
AC > I never heard this problem before. 6.2.1A was based on Eclipse2.0. Current
AC > version (2.1.1) is essentially improved and cleaned.
AC > About recovering: it depends on the fact were your changes really saved
AC > (maybe they were, if Eclipse hanged on resources update). Otherwise I'm
AC > sorry, editor doesn't have autosave option.

AC > "Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
AC > news:bji4g3$fdk$1@inn.qnx.com...
I running the Momentics 6.2.1A (eval) IDE under Windows-XP/Pro.

I was comparing a file from one project with the same file in
another project. There were many differences. I was syncing
the two files together and went to do a save (ctrl-S) from the
compare editor. (I had already done this several times.)

Now the IDE is hung (hour glass cursor for over 5 minutes) and
XP is saying that the application is not responding.

IS this a known bug?

Can I recover my work (please say yes)?

Bill Caroselli

Re: IDE Not Responging

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:32 pm

I hope your wrong with tha guess. If your right it will NOT solve
the problem. It will only make it take slightly longer to happen again.


Alex Chapiro <achapiro@qnx.com> wrote:
AC > Because I've never had this problem, I just can gess. Maybe it is connected
AC > with local history options. Try to increase
AC > them(Windows/Preferences/Workbench/Local History).
AC > "Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
AC > news:bjib4j$kge$1@inn.qnx.com...
Update, this has happened again.

It only happened after many saves.

Am I blowing some kind of a save stack?

Alex Chapiro

Re: IDE Not Responging

Post by Alex Chapiro » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:41 pm

Because I've never had this problem, I just can gess. Maybe it is connected
with local history options. Try to increase
them(Windows/Preferences/Workbench/Local History).
"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:bjib4j$kge$1@inn.qnx.com...
Update, this has happened again.

It only happened after many saves.

Am I blowing some kind of a save stack?


Alex Chapiro <achapiro@qnx.com> wrote:
AC > I never heard this problem before. 6.2.1A was based on Eclipse2.0.
Current
AC > version (2.1.1) is essentially improved and cleaned.
AC > About recovering: it depends on the fact were your changes really
saved
AC > (maybe they were, if Eclipse hanged on resources update). Otherwise
I'm
AC > sorry, editor doesn't have autosave option.

AC > "Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
AC > news:bji4g3$fdk$1@inn.qnx.com...
I running the Momentics 6.2.1A (eval) IDE under Windows-XP/Pro.

I was comparing a file from one project with the same file in
another project. There were many differences. I was syncing
the two files together and went to do a save (ctrl-S) from the
compare editor. (I had already done this several times.)

Now the IDE is hung (hour glass cursor for over 5 minutes) and
XP is saying that the application is not responding.

IS this a known bug?

Can I recover my work (please say yes)?

Bill Caroselli

Re: IDE Not Responging

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:48 pm

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:
CM > Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
I hope your wrong with tha guess. If your right it will NOT solve
the problem. It will only make it take slightly longer to happen again.
CM > Are you running the IDE on Windows or Neutrino Bill? If it is on Neutrino
CM > is it on an SMP or UNI processor? Either way, could you post the output from
CM > "pidin -p j9" when it freezes if it is on Neutrino?

Hi Chris

No. I am running on a Windows-XP/Pro system.
There is no QNX host involved at the time of the hang.

Chris McKillop

Re: IDE Not Responging

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:58 pm

Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
I hope your wrong with tha guess. If your right it will NOT solve
the problem. It will only make it take slightly longer to happen again.
Are you running the IDE on Windows or Neutrino Bill? If it is on Neutrino
is it on an SMP or UNI processor? Either way, could you post the output from
"pidin -p j9" when it freezes if it is on Neutrino?

thanks,
chris


--
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Software Engineer, QSSL -- Lewis Carroll --
http://qnx.wox.org/

Chris McKillop

Re: IDE Not Responging

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:47 pm

Hi Chris

No. I am running on a Windows-XP/Pro system.
There is no QNX host involved at the time of the hang.
Okay, might need to see what info we can gather on windows....will follow up
later.

chris


--
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Software Engineer, QSSL -- Lewis Carroll --
http://qnx.wox.org/

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”