no evaluation adapter error

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Jack Rosenbloom

no evaluation adapter error

Post by Jack Rosenbloom » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:23 pm

When attempting to view variables in either the display view or detailed
pane of the variables view, I get an "no evaluation adapter error".
Does anyone know how to fix this. I am using 6.21a under win2000.

Thanks,
Jack

Mikhail Khodjaiants

Re: no evaluation adapter error

What do mean by "attempting to view variables in either the display view or

"Jack Rosenbloom" <jrosenbloom@vertisinc.com> wrote in message
When attempting to view variables in either the display view or detailed
pane of the variables view, I get an "no evaluation adapter error".
Does anyone know how to fix this. I am using 6.21a under win2000.

Thanks,
Jack

Jack Rosenbloom

Re: no evaluation adapter error

Post by Jack Rosenbloom » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:51 pm

THere is a view which is part of the debug perspective called Display.
The same functionally is suppose to exist in the details pane of the
variables view.

What I am actually trying to achieve is this:
I pass a pointer to an array into a routine. The array is of a known
type and the length is passed as another parameter.

my_routine( int *array, int len)

I want to view the entire array with the debugger. Under QNX4 with
Watcom, I could right click on the variable and view it as an array and
then specify the array length. Now I am using the memory dump which is
very painfull and if my array was a large structure, almost impossible.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jack

Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:
What do mean by "attempting to view variables in either the display view or
detailed pane of the variables view"?

"Jack Rosenbloom" <jrosenbloom@vertisinc.com> wrote in message

When attempting to view variables in either the display view or detailed
pane of the variables view, I get an "no evaluation adapter error".
Does anyone know how to fix this. I am using 6.21a under win2000.

Thanks,
Jack

Mikhail Khodjaiants

Re: no evaluation adapter error

Post by Mikhail Khodjaiants » Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:28 pm

The Display view is a part of JDT (Java Development Tool). It is shown only
when JDT is installed and doesn't work for C/C++ development.
You can use the "Add C/C++ Expression" option to watch expressions. In 6.3
we added functionally similar to the Watcom debugger features.

Mikhail Khodjaiants

Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:
What do mean by "attempting to view variables in either the display view
or
detailed pane of the variables view"?

"Jack Rosenbloom" <jrosenbloom@vertisinc.com> wrote in message

When attempting to view variables in either the display view or detailed
pane of the variables view, I get an "no evaluation adapter error".
Does anyone know how to fix this. I am using 6.21a under win2000.

Thanks,
Jack

Jack Rosenbloom

Re: no evaluation adapter error

Post by Jack Rosenbloom » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:03 pm

Thanks Mikhail! The Add C/C++ Expression does help expand an array. Do
you know when version 6.3 will be released?

Jack

Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:

What do mean by "attempting to view variables in either the display view

or

detailed pane of the variables view"?

"Jack Rosenbloom" <jrosenbloom@vertisinc.com> wrote in message

When attempting to view variables in either the display view or detailed
pane of the variables view, I get an "no evaluation adapter error".
Does anyone know how to fix this. I am using 6.21a under win2000.

Thanks,
Jack

Mikhail Khodjaiants

Re: no evaluation adapter error

Post by Mikhail Khodjaiants » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:37 pm

The official release of 6.3 is scheduled for November 2003. The beta will be
available in September.

Mikhail

Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:

What do mean by "attempting to view variables in either the display
view

or

detailed pane of the variables view"?

"Jack Rosenbloom" <jrosenbloom@vertisinc.com> wrote in message

When attempting to view variables in either the display view or
detailed
pane of the variables view, I get an "no evaluation adapter error".
Does anyone know how to fix this. I am using 6.21a under win2000.

Thanks,
Jack

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”