Post Reply
mick

mkifs ?

Post by mick » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:22 pm

Hello,
I'm a new french QNX neutrino developer.
I try to make an image of a tiny footprint of QNX for an X86 architecture.
I have compiled a "Hello World" little prog with qcc.

But now i don't find the mkifs utility on my QNX installed computer.

Is there somebody to tell me why ?

Thanks a lot.

Kris Warkentin

Re: mkifs ?

Post by Kris Warkentin » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:22 pm

If you're using the NC (non-commercial) version, mkifs is not included. It
only comes with the standard and professional editions.

cheers,

Kris

"mick" <carmes.michael@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
Hello,
I'm a new french QNX neutrino developer.
I try to make an image of a tiny footprint of QNX for an X86 architecture.
I have compiled a "Hello World" little prog with qcc.

But now i don't find the mkifs utility on my QNX installed computer.

Is there somebody to tell me why ?

Thanks a lot.

mick

Re: mkifs ?

Post by mick » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:37 pm

Damned !
So I can't try QNX on an embedded PC whith 16 Mo of flash disc with the
NC version ?

Thanks for this quick answer !

Kris Warkentin wrote:
If you're using the NC (non-commercial) version, mkifs is not included. It
only comes with the standard and professional editions.

cheers,

Kris

"mick" <carmes.michael@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

Hello,
I'm a new french QNX neutrino developer.
I try to make an image of a tiny footprint of QNX for an X86 architecture.
I have compiled a "Hello World" little prog with qcc.

But now i don't find the mkifs utility on my QNX installed computer.

Is there somebody to tell me why ?

Thanks a lot.

Chris McKillop

Re: mkifs ?

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:38 pm

mick <carmes.michael@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Damned !
So I can't try QNX on an embedded PC whith 16 Mo of flash disc with the
NC version ?

Thanks for this quick answer !
Nope. If you have commerical goals and you want to try that out just contact
a sales rep. and they can hook you up with an eval copy of our commerical
product.

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”