What's the difference?

bridged with qdn.public.devtools

What's the difference?

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:06 pm

Just curious. What was the intended difference between the groups:
qdn.public.devtools
qdn.public.installation
qdn.public.newuser
qdn.public.photon
qdn.public.porting
and
qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
qdn.public.qnxrtp.installation
qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser
qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon
qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
?

Kris Warkentin

Re: What's the difference?

Post by Kris Warkentin » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:28 pm

Redundancy is a reliability feature common in embedded systems work.

;-)

Kris

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:33 pm

Kris Warkentin <kewarken@qnx.com> wrote:
Redundancy is a reliability feature common in embedded systems work.
Cute. But this isn't a matter of redundancy.

When should I choose to post to one group over the other corrisponding group?
Just curious. What was the intended difference between the groups:
qdn.public.devtools
qdn.public.installation
qdn.public.newuser
qdn.public.photon
qdn.public.porting
and
qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
qdn.public.qnxrtp.installation
qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser
qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon
qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
?

Kris Warkentin

Re: What's the difference?

Post by Kris Warkentin » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:15 pm

Well, you'd have to ask some of our newsgroup admins. I'll cc: one of them
on this.

cheers,

Just curious. What was the intended difference between the groups:
qdn.public.devtools
qdn.public.installation
qdn.public.newuser
qdn.public.photon
qdn.public.porting
and
qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
qdn.public.qnxrtp.installation
qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser
qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon
qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
?

Bill Caroselli

Re: What's the difference?

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:09 pm

Debbie Kane <debbie@qnx.com> wrote:
The qnxrtp groups were originally created to handle the QNX RTP download (v
6.0-ish).
We since changed the product (no longer called RTP), we replaced these
groups with more generic naming

ie. qdn.public.installation vs
qdn.public.neutrinoversion6momentics.installation

:-)

In short, the RTP groups are historical, and will probably be removed.

debbie
Debbie, *PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THEM!*

You have no idea how incredibly value old information is.

If you must, mark them as read only.

Debbie Kane

Re: What's the difference?

Just curious. What was the intended difference between the groups:
qdn.public.devtools
qdn.public.installation
qdn.public.newuser
qdn.public.photon
qdn.public.porting
and
qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
qdn.public.qnxrtp.installation
qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser
qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon
qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
?

Debbie Kane

Re: What's the difference?

Understood.

Debbie Kane <debbie@qnx.com> wrote:
The qnxrtp groups were originally created to handle the QNX RTP download
(v
6.0-ish).
We since changed the product (no longer called RTP), we replaced these
groups with more generic naming

ie. qdn.public.installation vs
qdn.public.neutrinoversion6momentics.installation

:-)

In short, the RTP groups are historical, and will probably be removed.

debbie

Debbie, *PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THEM!*

You have no idea how incredibly value old information is.

If you must, mark them as read only.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”