Anonymous Unions in GCC under QNX

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Randall Hyde

Anonymous Unions in GCC under QNX

Post by Randall Hyde » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:57 pm

Anyone know how to activate anonymous unions in GCC under QNX?
(This is C, not C++).
They work find in GCC under Linux, but qcc/gcc under QNX complains
about them. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy Hyde

Chris McKillop

Re: Anonymous Unions in GCC under QNX

Post by Chris McKillop » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:07 pm

Using what version of gcc on Linux?

chris

Post by Randall Hyde » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:20 pm

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message
Using what version of gcc on Linux?

chris
I think it's 2.9x but I'll have to wait until I get home to check it.
It came with Red Hat 7.1.
Randy Hyde

Randall Hyde

Re: Anonymous Unions in GCC under QNX

Post by Randall Hyde » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:53 pm

Actually, anonymous unions are a feature of C++.
Such are the dangers of using a compiler that processes
both C and C++ (like GCC).
Randy Hyde

"Randall Hyde" <randall.nospam.hyde@ustraffic.net> wrote in message
Anyone know how to activate anonymous unions in GCC under QNX?
(This is C, not C++).
They work find in GCC under Linux, but qcc/gcc under QNX complains
about them. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy Hyde

Post Reply