Momentics PE and QNX4

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Werner Schweizer

Momentics PE and QNX4

Post by Werner Schweizer » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:32 am

Can the QNX Momentics PE be used to generate QNX4 programms.
Werner Schweizer

Jim Douglas

Re: Momentics PE and QNX4

Post by Jim Douglas » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:33 am

No - QNX6 only.

"Werner Schweizer" <Werner.Schweizer@ch.mullermartini.com> wrote in message
Can the QNX Momentics PE be used to generate QNX4 programms.
Werner Schweizer

Armin Steinhoff

Re: Momentics PE and QNX4

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:33 am

Werner Schweizer wrote:
Can the QNX Momentics PE be used to generate QNX4 programms.
It generates at least make files ... but not programs :)

So you have still to write your programs by yourself .. regardsless if
it is QNX6 or QNX4.

Armin

Jim Douglas

Re: Momentics PE and QNX4

Post by Jim Douglas » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:51 pm

What? You mean they are not going to include genetic algorithms in the next
release - shame.8~)

Jim

"Armin Steinhoff" <a-steinhoff@web.de> wrote in message

Werner Schweizer wrote:

Can the QNX Momentics PE be used to generate QNX4 programms.

It generates at least make files ... but not programs :)

So you have still to write your programs by yourself .. regardsless if
it is QNX6 or QNX4.

Armin

Werner Schweizer

Re: Momentics PE and QNX4

Post by Werner Schweizer » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:41 pm

Sorry for my english.
What I tried to ask (I think you could guess) is:
Can QNX Momentics PE be used to write, compile, download and remote debug
programms
for a system running the QNX4 operating system.

I think, it is a question of availability of QNX4 libraries for the compiler
used in momentics.
The compiler should be able to generate the QNX4 load module format.
Another question then is the transport mecanism to download and debug a
programm.

Werner Schweizer

Werner Schweizer wrote:

Can the QNX Momentics PE be used to generate QNX4 programms.

It generates at least make files ... but not programs :)

So you have still to write your programs by yourself .. regardsless if
it is QNX6 or QNX4.

Armin

Brian K. Hlady

Re: Momentics PE and QNX4

Post by Brian K. Hlady » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:51 pm

Good afternoon,

It is not possible to build QNX4 applications under QNX6, even if you have
the QNX4 libraries.

Cheers,
-Brian

--
+================================================+
Brian K. Hlady bhlady@qnx.com

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:04 pm

Jim Douglas wrote:
What? You mean they are not going to include genetic algorithms in the next
release - shame.8~)
Hmm .... my impression is they are using genetic algorithms already for
their package file system ... because no one seems to know what this
piece of software is realy doing :)

Werner Schweizer wrote:

Can the QNX Momentics PE be used to generate QNX4 programms.

It generates at least make files ... but not programs :)

So you have still to write your programs by yourself .. regardsless if
it is QNX6 or QNX4.

Armin

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”