new to gdb... shared ojbects

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Jay Witherspoon

new to gdb... shared ojbects

Post by Jay Witherspoon » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:36 pm

I am new to gdb and attempting to debug a program with mutliple shared
objects. I have compiled the shared objects and program with -g and have
client_g, and a series of shared objects xxxx_g.so all in the same
directory. What is the method for stepping into the shared objects? When I
type sharelibrary without any parameters, but show sharelibrary says nothing
is loaded. I had set auto_solib-add to 1. The symbols for the main program
(client_g) are loaded and am stepping through until I get to a routine in a
shared object, but it does not have symbols... What is the correct
procedure for this? Thanks!

Jay Witherspoon

Re: new to gdb... shared ojbects

Post by Jay Witherspoon » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:36 pm

Not sure why, but now info sharedlibrary is showing the symbols read for my
shared objects. However, when I set a break point in a routine in a shared
object, it does not show source and when I continue to the break point, it
is in asm. So, while I am closer with the symbols loaded, how do you step
into a shared object and see the source?

"Jay Witherspoon" <spoon@scubadiving.com> wrote in message
I am new to gdb and attempting to debug a program with mutliple shared
objects. I have compiled the shared objects and program with -g and have
client_g, and a series of shared objects xxxx_g.so all in the same
directory. What is the method for stepping into the shared objects? When
type sharelibrary without any parameters, but show sharelibrary says
nothing
is loaded. I had set auto_solib-add to 1. The symbols for the main
program
(client_g) are loaded and am stepping through until I get to a routine in
shared object, but it does not have symbols... What is the correct
procedure for this? Thanks!

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”